Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Needing help on Hitech Aurora 9 differential thrust

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Needing help on Hitech Aurora 9 differential thrust

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 09:50 PM
JFEsch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Needing help on Hitech Aurora 9 differential thrust

Howdy all,
I am building a FT Kraken and using a Hitech Aurora 9 radio. I need help on setting the radio up for differential thrust (twin motor).
There is little info or videos on how to set the xmitter up for such. I need detailed instructions, videos, or pictures due to I am new to this radio.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
John
Old 06-06-2017, 05:49 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

With the number of rudderless, twin engine aircraft available you would think the radio manufacturers would be clamoring at the door to be the first to offer this capability as a standard mode. It goes right along with V-Tail and elevon mixing.
Old 06-06-2017, 08:18 AM
jrf
My Feedback: (551)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I see that the Kracken is a rudder-less wing. This should give you what you need, but don't make the rates too high, or your plane will dive when you bank it into a turn.

You need to put the throttles on different channels, and you will use three separate mixes.
1-Mix the two throttle channels to work together on the throttle stick. Set this mix to be on all the time.
2-Mix the left throttle to the aileron stick. Set it to accelerate with right aileron and decelerate with left aileron.
3-Mix the right throttle to the aileron stick. Set it to accelerate with left aileron and decelerate with right aileron.
Set the mix rate on 2 and 3 to about 20% to start and adjust as needed.
I would be a good idea to put mix 2 and 3 on a switch in case you need to cancel it in flight.

If your airplane had a rudder, these instructions would be different.

Last edited by jrf; 06-06-2017 at 08:50 AM.