Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Hacker 30A-10L V3 problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 04:18 AM
Iftahnaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker 30A-10L V3 problem

Hi,
I have the Hacker 30A 10L engine connected to X40 SB PRO ESC. For some reason the engine won't go more than 60% power. I cant figure out how to program the speed controller to allow this.Does anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks.
Old 08-09-2017, 02:15 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

How do you know it is only going to 60%?

I would say you need to calibrate the ESC to the radio. Have you checked the end point adjustments?

ESC manual
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hacker-X-Pro-ESC-Instructions.pdf
Views:	28
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	2227502
-programming by throttlestick:With throttle stick at full power, connect the battery and wait for 5 sec. Program mode is enteredwhen you hear two low tones and two high tones. _ _ - -Each time you enter the programming mode you are allowed to make one change and then youwill automatically exit the programming mode.To change more than one parameter you will haveto re-enter the programming mode each time.

Buzz.
Old 08-10-2017, 12:01 PM
Iftahnaf

Thanks for the reply. I've read the manual and still can't figure out which parameter I need to program. I'm not sure the motor reaching exactly 60% but it's definitely not 100% power. There is drop in the power slightly above half throttle.

i was testing with a prop on the motor, the prop is 10x6 "master airscrew". (maybe it's the wrong prop?)
The motor isn't cutting completely, just losing power. the battery is Turnigy 1800mah 3cells. (20-30c discharge).
the transmitter is spektrum dx9 and the receiver is spektrum AR610.
I checked the motor speed with RPM meter and it was 6,200, when in the manual it said that the maximum is 16,000.

Assuming my setup is good, which parameter do I need to program in the ESC? (timing, frequncy etc) I'm not sure what change I need to make.

Last edited by Iftahnaf; 08-11-2017 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:15 AM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you have not done the stick calibration, start there, try a different prop, I would say a 10x6 APC prop. Another thing, try it without a prop and see if there is a change in RPM.

Buzz.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:20 AM
Iftahnaf

Problem solved, It was the old battery fault.
Thanks again!