Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Motor/ESC beeping issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 04:26 AM
Natalicaia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor/ESC beeping issue

Hi guys! A newbie question here, I would be really grateful for any bit of help.

Building my first quadcopter and encountered the motor beeping issue. I have tested all my motor/ESC combinations one by one by connecting the ESC's to the battery and plugging the ESC servo cable into the receiver throttle channel and things worked absolutely fine. Then I've connected the whole setup, motors, ESC's, receiver, Arduino. And that's when the problem occurs - I plug in the battery, the motors make the initial start up sounds, then go straight into the beeping mode. Beeping in sequence one after another, every second or so. And consequently they don't react to the throttle stick movement on my transmitter.

I have tried the recommended solution of teaching the ESC's about the throttle limits but it didn't help. And also separately the motors respond just fine.

My ESCs are XXD HW30A, 920kv motor, Flysky ia6 receiver/transmitter, 11.1V 3s LiPo battery.
Receiver plugged into arduino pins d8-11.

Thank you for any tips or suggestions!
Old 10-26-2017, 02:27 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have you checked your battery voltage under load? If you have a watt meter, check and see what the voltage is with all items connected and loaded.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:31 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you calibrated the radio to the Arduino? Most require some configuration. The beeping is saying the ESC's have no signal. So the Arduino is not sending a signal from the Rx to the ESC's. What are you using to configure the board?

Buzz.