Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

FunFli 4 - 20

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 08:26 AM
gphil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FunFli 4 - 20

I think I got that correct. Anyway has balsa buildup and has 48 in wingspan. Converting to electric and wondering which power motor to use along with the esc and batteries. Placement of the aileron servo is another challenge. Plans show nothing but the control linkage ends up inside the fuselage. Now do I cut a hole in the upper wing and install the servo or rest it on top. On top would set it too high inside thinking. I could mount the servos in wings, one per aileron, but that would increase weight. Leaning more to the inside version with one servo controlling all. Give me your take on this, please. More interested in the motor size and batteries, esc. New to the electric field reason for asking. Not a large plane but designed for a .25 glow engine, I have searched the site for this old plane but find some albeit they are larger or a Kayos. Once more thanks and I will be checking back. gphil
Old 12-17-2017, 10:59 AM
gyrocptr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SunFli 4-20 ???
Old 12-18-2017, 09:20 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could use a 4s to 6s battery with a .32 sized electric motor. Depending on how much prop clearance you have. I am running a 4s and 12x6 prop Could go with a 5s and a 10x6, 10x7 prop

Motor
GForce G32 Brushless Outrunner Motor (42-50-800KV) | Value Hobby

Buzz.,