Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Can anyone identify a Twin-Motor kit which uses Motor Differential Thrust Vectoring?

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Can anyone identify a Twin-Motor kit which uses Motor Differential Thrust Vectoring?

Old 03-07-2018, 03:12 PM
T.W.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anyone identify a Twin-Motor kit which uses Motor Differential Thrust Vectoring?

Some time ago I read a magazing review of this type of EPP(?) model and thought . . . one day I'll get one of these, because the insane manoeuvres descrined in the review were so appealing to me. But at that time I had "other priorities", so I put the magazine aside with the intention of "digging it out" again whenever the time was right. Well, that time has finally come, and I've even got a couple of suitable motors set up on my bench which (after a lot of head-scratching) can do the differential motor thrust-vectoring thing. But unfortunately I now can't find the mag, and I can't remember the name nor the manufacturer of the model. I've Googled, and I've searched suppliers websites and model magazine websites, but I've drawn a complete blank

So, does anyone remember seeing this article, remember the name of the mag or the model? Or maybe someone knows where I can find a plan of another, similar, twin-motor-powered delta which i could use?

Thanks,
Tony
Old 03-07-2018, 04:25 PM
cyclops2

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

10 ?? years ago a friend & I had the ones Harbor Freight sold. Small. But very underpowered. Full throttle overheated NIMH in flight. & the simple constant voltage wall chargers rapidly killed the batteries in about 5 flights.
Old 03-08-2018, 02:52 AM
T.W.

Thanks for this Cyclops. The review of the model I'm looking for was published more recently than 10 years - maybe 3 or 4 years ago
Tony
Old 07-24-2020, 02:36 AM
T.W.

Thumbs up Solved!

Today I happened upon a copy of RCM&E dated October 2009 (which I must have put safely away for whenever I got around to it!), and on page 71 I found Nigel Hawes' review of the very model I've had in mind for so many years. It's called the FLP Goolie. Now begins the search to find an actual model :-)
Tony