Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

hobbico mk ii charger and lithium

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

hobbico mk ii charger and lithium

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 12:09 PM
patriot21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hobbico mk ii charger and lithium

For all of you who doubted the capabilites of the hobbico mark ii charger and charging the lithium ion batteries, worry no more. it works and it even detects the peak. the beeper went off after the recommended 1 hour charge and we checked the battery voltage and it was at 7.8. i am gettintg about 40 minutes of flying with the gws j3 cub and after 40 minutes the voltage is at 6.9. MINIMAL is 5.0. niceeeee!!!! i am using a 7.4 1020 made by lightflightrc.com. and charge at 1.0. BTW, the owner is great to deal with. ordered my lithium on wednesday and got it tuesday!!! not bad from Calif to S. dakota!!!
dave
Old 10-20-2003, 04:01 AM
AtomHeartMother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: hobbico mk ii charger and lithium

The MkII is a great charger for the money, but be aware it will only peak to around 8.1volts on lipoly's
You should be peaking around 8.4 volts. Not that it matters I guess, but if you're running the "A" drive in the cub, you'd likely see 50-55 minute flight times. That's what I get on my tigermoth with 1020 kokams.
5 volts is a little low for the 7.4v pack. The plane shouldn't be able to fly at 6 volts though, so you should be safe. Just don't land after 40 minutes, let the batteries "rest" and try to fly again. A sure fire way to kill the capacity on Lipoly's. Happy flying !