Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for lightweight receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Recommendations for lightweight receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:05 AM
adavis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for lightweight receiver?

I have a Futaba Transmitter and I'm looking for a compatible, lightweight, 4 channel, "full range", 35MHz receiver, any recommendations?

Many Thanks,
=Adrian=
Old 10-21-2003, 08:47 AM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Recommendations for lightweight receiver?

you can order a gws micro or pico receiver with a negative shift that will work for you. also i hear cirus will work for futaba.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Dr Kiwi

Jeti Micro 9g full range receivers are obviously compatible with Futaba, GWS Pico/Naro and Hitec Feather are other possibilities for 35mHz. Berg receivers are greatly admired but I don't know if they are available in 35mHz for you guys in Blighty.

Cheers, Phil
Old 10-28-2003, 05:52 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

Most of the lightweight receivers such as the GWS, Electrafly, HiTec Feather, etc are single conversion receivers, therefore, their range is limited between 500 and 1500 ft and subject to interference from other radios. I recommend a dual conversion receiver which is as good as any OEM receiver from major radio manufacturers and can be used in any type of airplane. The smallest that I know of is the FMA M5, then the Hitec 555. I have both and fly gas as well as electric and have had no problems.
Old 10-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Dr Kiwi

Remember it is 35mHz adavis needs!

Cheers, Phil
Old 10-29-2003, 08:28 AM
wink

Dont use the GWS receiver it's sh*t, my brother and I had a nightmare with them, they only have a range of about 100 feet! We are now using Jeti receivers and have not had a problem.(we are both using Futaba transmiters)
Old 10-29-2003, 03:18 PM
flyingtomg
My Feedback: (10)

The Hitec Feather has problems when you fly with other people in the air at the same time. I'd try a Berg Rx. They are quite good and lightweight. I don't know if they come in 35MHz though.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:22 PM
Imac Kiwi

Check out the JR 610. Six channel light weight rx.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:58 PM
Eplane65
My Feedback: (16)

The Berg is also a single conversion type, although has a good reputation. The JR is pretty small and will work on most airplanes except the real small ones.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:15 PM
BEC

The receivers we love as Berg MicroStamps here in the US are Schulze Alpha 4s in Europe. So, the Schulze Alpha 435 is exactly what you describe you want. Unfortunately we don't have 72 MHz versions of the Jeti receiver here in the US so I can't compare. I will say this: I'm phasing out just about everything else in favor of Bergs in all my planes.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:51 PM
Defranci

I've used most of the rcvrs discussed here at one time or another and I'm down to my last 555 while standardizing on Bergs. They have been totally reliable, glitch free and are well worth the slightly higher cost. As BEC pointed out, Schulze is the same.
Old 11-03-2003, 03:22 AM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: jpstakun

Most of the lightweight receivers such as the GWS, Electrafly, HiTec Feather, etc are single conversion receivers, therefore, their range is limited between 500 and 1500 ft and subject to interference from other radios. I recommend a dual conversion receiver which is as good as any OEM receiver from major radio manufacturers and can be used in any type of airplane. The smallest that I know of is the FMA M5, then the Hitec 555. I have both and fly gas as well as electric and have had no problems.
Single conversion or dual conversion doesn't have anything to do with the range. Some of the park flyer receivers are range limited because of the simple circuitry used to keep things light, cheap, and compact.