Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

help!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 02:30 PM
denysy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!

I want to make aerobatic plane with wingspan about 50" (I wanted to make 30" one, but changed my mind because I was told that it would be too expansive, and hard to make). Can anybody tel me what is traditional speed for this type of planes?
Old 11-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: help!

For an example plane of that size, take a look at Gary Wright's E3D. 48" wingspan:

http://www.gwmp.net

For examples of smaller aerobatic models in the 30" wingspan size:

http://www.mountainmodels.com
Old 11-30-2003, 09:17 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Speed can be anything you want. It depends on the motor and wing design. Wing span has no direct relationship to speed.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:40 AM
Mikerjf

My aerobatic e planes range from 15 to 30 inch spans, and all are simple (cheap) brushed setups. My D.U.F.F. is 28 inch S300 geared that 3D's on 7 600AE's (plane will tie itself up in knots), my Nuthin' Extra won't 3D but handles most aerobatics, it's 30 inch, all pink foam. S400. On 4 600AE's it's a good aileron trainer that'll loop and roll, on 8 600AE's it really rocks. My 15 inch Acro Bipe uses the GWS Lite Stick motor DD and it's a hoot, just need to drink a lot of coffee before I fly it.

Mike
Old 12-01-2003, 09:02 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mikerjf

My 15 inch Acro Bipe uses the GWS Lite Stick motor DD and it's a hoot, just need to drink a lot of coffee before I fly it.

Mike
Ha Ha Ha. I loved this line about a lot of coffee. I am going to have to remember this one.