Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Wingo or Soarstar?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2003, 04:00 PM
WacoFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wingo or Soarstar?

Im looking for a good 3ch electric plane to just fly around for fun around a large field near my house, instead of having to drive to my local field to fly nitro aircraft[]. I have found the wingo and soarstar have good reviews. Does anyone know something good or bad about any of these? Or any other 3ch aircraft suggestions are appricated.
Old 11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Airborne 2007

Default RE: Wingo or Soarstar?

Hey, yes i too have heard good remarks about the wingo... However--
Price-around $300 for the complete package.
Soarstar-- couldnt find price--it was discontinued-probably around that same amount

What you want to look at is if you want to advance, and if you do how soon you want to.
If you're going to be advancing soon then buy a 4 or 6 channel transmitter. However if you are going to just want a decent quality electric plane (100+possible flights) to just fly around with and not going to want a different plane for a while you might want to look at the Aerobird Challenger. It's half the price (or lower) and still flys good. Check out this website-its that company's main page- http://www.hobbyzonesports.com/Produ...ductID=HBZ3500

if you want more info just do a search on RCU (this website) for "Aerobird."
I have one and i love it. Lot of fun to just take out and fly. Also this plane can be more aerobatic than either of those so you might have more fun with it. But it does fly around a bit faster than those too. Around 25mph with the 6 cell battery and about 30 with the 7 cell.

Hope this helps!

-John
Old 11-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Hawkhumper

Have you considered any of the flying wings? Combatwing, Viper Twin, Zagi

There are lots of parkfliers discussed in the parkflier forum.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:44 AM
sierra gold

Let me add the GWS Slow Stick to your list. Good flier, easy assembly, and the plane costs $35 including motor. It has a large 46" wing span and the stock motor is adequate, unlike many ARFs. A search here or on any RC Forum should give you a lot of reading.

Sierra Gold
Old 11-05-2003, 07:42 AM
goofup

Soarstar's are still available for $120. [link=http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/services/advanceresultsDetail.asp?strProd=SOARSTAR&strSearchType=ALL&strInCategory=ALL&strInManufacturer=ALL&tag=qsrch]Soarstar[/link].

Super flying planes, already has the motor, gear box, etc. Just add radio gear. Flies 5-20 mph.
Old 11-06-2003, 01:55 PM
mr.rc-cam

Both are fun e-models. I have a couple hundred flights on my Soarstar and it is a pleasure to fly (very relaxing model). And, it nicely hauls my camera gear.

BTW, the geared motor on the Soarstar is an advantage. Unlike the Wingo, the stock Soarstar kit also includes an ESC and battery.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:30 PM
WacoFlyer

Well i bit the bullet and bought a soarstar. I bought mine on ebay for $97.00 that included evreything except the radio. I decided to use a hitec 3ch radio from one of my other planes. Im still in the building process and have not flown it yet. Thanks for all the comments and i hope my 1st flight with her goes well[sm=rolleyes.gif]!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84665.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	72850  
Old 08-24-2004, 03:56 PM
uhu_pilot

The Wingo is a good flyer, but very sensitive to wind. I have to wait for absolutely calm days to get the most enjoyment out of it.