Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

How much wind can the zagi take

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

How much wind can the zagi take

Old 12-14-2003, 07:32 PM
ricktkenny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much wind can the zagi take

Well just got back from the beach and it was gale force winds, I reckon at least 30 mph or more. I just had to gly today as I have not flown for 7 days. What a blast, it was cold but you just don't notice, Danny was the camera man and he tried his best to get some decent footage.

Check it out, it's worth the download I promise

www.zagi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

click on the my new video link from the main page
Old 12-14-2003, 10:34 PM
zagibond

Default RE: How much wind can the zagi take

Very cool.
I have a Zagi 400X. It looks like yours is either a 400 or a 400X.
I live inlnad with no mountains near my home to glide, so I am forced into powered flight.
In strong winds I love to head into the wind and cut the throttle to where Zagi is standing still.
In your video, it looks like your motor is completely off and that yoyu are gliding. Is tyhat correct? If so, does it require a thermal or uplift to accomplish this (ie. a strong breeeze is not enough right)?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:33 AM
ricktkenny

Default RE: How much wind can the zagi take

Thanks for the comments, actually it's not a zagi at all. Its called an X-ITE combat wing. There are more details and photo's on my website.

www.zagi.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I don't think you could see how I was standing on the video but I was on a sand dune approx 15ft up. When we get a westerly wind coming of the Irish sea it can get very very strong. You are correct the way I fly in this is to throw her up and then just cut the motor off or turn it right down. She will quite happily hang there in a breeze that strong.

These planes are just awesome and whilst everyone else is sulking I am out getting a fix.

Regards

Rick