Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

MAGAZINES

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2003, 11:12 PM
Bill L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAGAZINES

Does anybody out there read QUIET FLYER magazine? Tell us what you think about it.
Old 12-23-2003, 11:44 PM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: MAGAZINES

I have read one Quiet Flyer and it was very detailed. I liked it a lot other then that it wasn't as long as I would have liked it to be and their main model is U-G-L-Y. I prefer Backyard Flyer because it gives reasons to things more so then QF. Just my opinion though.
Old 12-24-2003, 09:00 PM
tunnelvishon

I read the mag regularly and it is very informative. I notice that alot of the adverts are the same old same old stuff and that just about every mag out there has the same stuff too. At $6.50 (store price) it would be nice to have about 20 pages more of the great write ups in it. Either that or I'm more and more inclined soak up the stuff in 5 minutes at the store shelf and pass on the purchase. Whats there is great though.
Old 12-25-2003, 02:39 AM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Much more informative compared to BackYard Flyer (which after the first couple of issues became more or less a glorified R/C catalog); I always look fwd to Steve Neu's PowerOn column and couple of others that cover (or at least used to) R/C and flight dynamics from a more technical perspective. Still, in the past year QF has also steadily moved into the catalog/magazine format, with reviews that are offering a little less insight and justifiable criticism. I've found some of the past articles in QF invaluable, and in fact the past couple of months I had bought up the complete collection from fellow modelers. I current subscribe to QF and FlyRC (that one has great potential imo).