Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric or Gas

Old 12-28-2003, 02:27 PM
SukhoiKid
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric or Gas

What do you like the best? Electric or Gas.
Old 12-29-2003, 01:44 AM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Electric or Gas

Electric but gas are a lot of fun also. I just put a Himax brushless into my GWS Zero and wow it's like gas but smaller and faster AND in your backyard. Gas seems more eral with the engines but I like electric because you can do it in your backyard.
Old 01-06-2004, 04:11 PM
revier

It's been gas for most of my flying day's, month's, year's. The plane and engines are straight forward for the most part. And easy to match up. Been trying to go electric glider for the last year with very little success. In most cases the motor was'nt powerful enough to get me to altitude. Will keep trying. With gas I know the tank determine's the flight time which is a no brainer, depending on how you control the motors speed. What ever.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:37 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

revier,

Have you brought these issues up somewhere in the forums?

Anyway, my answer is: BOTH! If it's got wings, I'll fly it.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:24 AM
revier

Kirsch

I have. Listed a current sailplane,motor combo. Someone, maybe you replied that it would probably fly but not too well. The motor and inline gearbox came from NESAIL Products. I have asked them which sailplane it would work with, placed a few phone calls, but never received a reply. I think the heading was (Will it fly). The motor and gearbox cost me $200.00 so I did'nt want to let it lay around.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 AM
revier

Kirsch;

(Is it a good combo) was the heading on my question. I asked you back, what type of motor and battery pack you would recomment in place of the one I installed. No reply but you no doubt have been busy.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:35 AM
Jason Beach
My Feedback: (4)

They both have their benefits and drawbacks. I fly both. It's all a matter of personal preference IMO.

Jason
Old 01-28-2004, 09:48 PM
Jim Finn
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never flown a gas plane but used to fly Glo fuel planes back in 1986. I fly only electrics nowadays. I have many kinds , motorised sailplanes, sea planes, sport planes and warbirds. ( .40---.60 sized ) If you want to learn about electrics download Motocalc for free for 30 days and work with it. You will learn a lot with this $40 program. I use "electricalc" myself which is similar and like it but they do not have a download that I know of.