Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

RC Powered Paraglider help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 03:25 PM
pete2194

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Powered Paraglider help?

Hi, Can anyone help me on plans for a homemade rc powered paraglider, i have 4 standard servos, one can 540 motor, plus prop, 2000 MAH 7.2v rc car battery pack, standard reciever, and a standard speed controller lying around, that i would like to use for it, what homemade items would work, to create it. I know all i just mentioned isn't exactly light, but if i make a huge chute
the 540+ 7.2v Battery should be able to get into the air?

Any help will be much appreciated.

THANKS

Pete
Old 01-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: RC Powered Paraglider help?

Hmm, interesting project. Normally, I would say that a car power system makes a poor plane power system, but you've got me thinking on this one. A powered parachute might be the ideal airframe for such a mismatched, overweight system. You've got quite a bit of weight carrying capability, and you don't need much power.

Unfortunately, you might find the expertise on parachute design in this forum to be a bit lean. I just have a sneaky suspicion, you know? Where you might find help is with the designers of the real thing. Hopefully if I remember, I'll get this month's issue of "Kitplanes" magazine out and post some websites. They just happened to publish a buyer's guide for powered parachutes and ultralights this time.
Old 01-16-2004, 05:46 AM
pete2194

Hi Matt

Thanks for you comments, I'm also lingering at the thought of the weight, but my inner self tells me i should try it, it just might work, a big enough chute should do it, comparing the powersystem to my heavy ABS fuselage, electric can motor sailplane, wich flies very well, it just might work.

This discussion is continued at the Tips and Techniques forum, under the topic

How Can i make it fly? It can be anything! , please reply to that thread when you decide to do so!

Thanks Matt

Pete
Old 06-15-2005, 03:57 AM
supersonic1

Hi there all R/C Modellers ......... I`m after scratch plans for a paraglider , can anyone help ?