Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Electric Combat

Old 02-10-2004, 09:08 PM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric Combat

Has anyone ever fought combat with streamers with electrics. Are electrics too light, or not strong enough to carry the streamer? If you know, what planes did you use? I once saw some people fooling around with slow sticks, but the ribbons were small. I didnt even see if they cut one. Thanks for the response.

Al
Old 02-10-2004, 09:15 PM
scott88-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Electric Combat

The plane should carry it no problem but... what happens when you crash the planes together?
Old 02-10-2004, 09:17 PM
Peter Khor
My Feedback: (4)

Slow Stick combat is fantastic, up close and personal with much greater chance of a midair imo the combat space vol can be extremely small, which makes for lots more action.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:21 PM
d_wheel

If you can figure out a way to attach a ribbon, the Zagi would be a good combat airplane. We have flown "combat" with our Zagi's a couple of times with no streamers. The goal is to actually force the other plane down one way or another. Last one to land wins. Quite a bit of fun and so far no one has suffered any substantial damage.

Later;

D.W.
Old 02-11-2004, 12:37 AM
Peter Khor

If you have the bandwidth, check out the 2 videos of SlowStick Combat posted here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...26#post1817826
Old 02-11-2004, 09:10 AM
EvolPenguin

How about something like a zero, wouldnt that work? It's fast, aerobatic, etc. Maybe it would be good.

Al
Old 02-11-2004, 11:13 AM
Peter Khor

Mr. RC-CAM has a PIC design to allow using the HobbyZone Combat module on your R/C planes, eg, GWS warbirds:

http://www.rc-cam.com/combat2.htm
Old 02-11-2004, 09:25 PM
EvolPenguin

That's really confusing. It seems like you need to be able to understand all about electronics and stuff to do it. I'm can't really understand what they do. It's confusing.

Al
Old 02-14-2004, 06:58 PM
EvolPenguin

Does anyone know of good things to use for ribbons? Cheap too. Like at a store or something.

Al
Old 02-15-2004, 01:08 AM

Me and a couple of buddys use GWS Mustangs and the party streamers for combat. We don't really know what we are doing, but it sure is fun. We just tape about 12ft of streamer to the rudder and go at it. It doesn't seam to affect the flight permormance much. We havn't totaled any planes yet, but we figure we can just order the slope version of the plane for $33 if we do.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:38 AM
EvolPenguin

cool! Yeah, i guess you can just get the slope rider one and add the engine to it right? Well, thanks for your help. I think I might be able to get something together with my friends. Course they have to learn but I can show em on a slow stick or something.

Al
Old 02-15-2004, 02:45 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

We get 4 or 5 stock GWS Beavers in the air at once. We don't use no streamers. We just fly into each other. It's a real blast and most damage is minimal and easily repaired with 5 minute epoxy. Color them with magic markers to tell them apart.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 AM
Hog Wild Man

Try a Hog Wild by Electric Combat, Inc it's great for combat. check it out at http://www.electric-combat.com/

Piggott RC Modeler's Club we all have a lot of fun with this plane, we do combat, bowling or just praticing or training. It's a great plane and flys even on windy days when other models can't or are to expensive to risk.