Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Need Help...What to Use???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2004, 11:36 AM
Boss248

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help...What to Use???

I saw some foam board in Hobby Lobby craft store which looks to be about 1/4" thick...is this material used to build the small 3D planes that I see in the videos and on this site..and if this material won't work...what should I buy and is it possible to buy the material locally. This is my first foam plane attempt and i want to do it right so I will need all the help and suggestions I can get.
Old 02-22-2004, 01:05 PM
tunnelvishon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need Help...What to Use???

I'm not sure about the foamboard but you have several choices for materials and sizes. Depending on the size of your plane you will want between 3/16-1/4" thick material. Fan fold foam is the cheapest and most commonly used. Its blue in color and is available at most Lowes or Home Depot outlets, Blue Corr is its name and you get a pretty big bundle for about 30$ US. Better yet in my opinion, is depron. 6mm size is close to 1/4" and you can get that at www.depronusa.com. Good luck.