Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GWS Shift changes??

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 03:19 PM
coloradoz
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS Shift changes??

Does anyone know if the shift (negative / positive) can be easily changed on a pico 4p??

..AJ
Old 03-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Airborne 2007

Default RE: GWS Shift changes??

I think that's set by what brand you get. JR/Hitec is Negitive and Futaba/Airtronics is positive.

John
Old 03-04-2004, 07:36 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

GWS sells both positive and negative shift versions of their 4P receiver. I would assume from that information that it's not a simple task to convert one.
Old 03-04-2004, 09:08 PM
Kyle2Baseball

JR and Airtronics are Postive shift and Fut and Hitec are Negative shift.
Old 03-04-2004, 10:27 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Yes, yes. It's jr and airtronics that are positive, futaba and hitec are negative.
Old 03-05-2004, 12:03 AM
coloradoz

Actually the shift is almost trivial to change, if the circuit board was designed that way. I was guessing that since this receiver was so cheap, that there would only be one version of it and just a matter of jumpering the board differently.

..AJ
Old 03-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Okay, I guess don't understand your question then.

Anyway, making the receiver shift-selectable would make it MORE expensive. "It's cheap, therefore it must be shift-selectable" is kind of a strange logic... Such a feature will inevitably require more components and more board space.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:46 AM
coloradoz

No, not really - I suppose that is part of the industry's "big-lie". If it does cost more, then in quantity it would maybe add .10 per Rx (on only the ones that had the inverter). I was simply conjecturing that the circuit is already there, and it would actually cost the manufacturer more money to have 2 designs. In the case of GWS, since they are not 'selectable', the manufacturer - at the time they are built - either populates the board one way or the other. Its just a matter of knowing which side of the circuit to activate(post detection). Either there is an inverter there or there isn't, quite literally "a transitor" that would be jumpered in or not. There is no magic or rocket science to any of this. Why don't everyone make this available in their rx implementations? That answer is easy ... $$, each of us would just run out and buy another one when, for example, they no longer flew brand X and are now flying brand Y. So, my question dealt with whether anyone out there knew how to do this for this particular Rx (the same question would apply to any Rx that can be ordered +/- shift).