Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Covering Lil' Poke

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004, 02:52 PM
gummy_cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Covering Lil' Poke

I am getting a Great Planes Lil' Poke. I need help on the covering, for this being my first kit airplane. I narrowed the 2 coverings to Nelson Hobby lite covering or Coverite Coverlite. Which one would be easier to use. Also i need to know what other type of meterials to use like what type of iron. Anyone have any suggestions to help me.
Old 03-06-2004, 03:07 PM
gummy_cow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Covering Lil' Poke

Also I am wondering how much of the covering should i get it I use 2 diff colors on the wing and fuse.
Old 03-08-2004, 12:35 PM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Covering Lil' Poke

I have used nelson litefilm, and it is a joy to work with. Coverlite, I can't speak for from experience, but I have some lying around I have been afraid to try due to hearing horror stories from others. From what I know, coverlite applies like tissue and dope, with a little bit of heat shrink, and requires a separate adhesive. Litefilm, on the other hand, applies at a fairly low temperature and shrinks over a wide range of heat, so you can get rid of almost any wrinkle. I would suggest liteilm, and use at least a two color scheme to aid in orientation, so get two rolls.