Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Tiger Moth

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2004, 10:40 PM
jatoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiger Moth

This Tiger Moth is fantastic to fly! I've only really ever flown an aerobird and this, but it is so much fun! It flies so slow gently, and is great for fly-by's I'm gonna get a nice photo of it while it's lower than camera level
I was flying it the other morning and it was my 3rd time I'd taken it out. I was getting very confident and flying REALLY low flyby's. Then the challenge was to fly it with the antenna dragging on the ground! Did that, heaps of fun! Low power lots of up elevator slow flight, come down till its just draggin, keep going for a meter or 2 then full power climb out. The next morning, took it out again, must have been tired or somthing cause I wasn't flying it too well. Had another go of touching the ground with the antenna anyway, but something happen (not sure) I didn't instinctly use the correct controls (as they are differnent from my aerobird) and it hit the ground. Pop! Off comes the top wing! Still haven't glued it back on yet (just the struts came unglued).
I would highly recommend this plane to anyone. It is so much fun!. Any one with tips or mods, please share them.
Thanks
Old 03-22-2004, 06:55 AM
rogwabbit

Default RE: Tiger Moth

I have to agree, this plane is a relaxing plane to fly. and low and slow it will fly with ease. Pop in lipolys make it a little heavier and I got 1.5 hour flights on mine... Thats some relaxing time right there! I use it between flights with areobatic planes to calm the nerves.
Old 03-24-2004, 11:52 PM
jatoo

Cool.
What capacity are you lipos? I hav 1600, I haven't flown long enough to wear them out yet, but I think the'd go for 30-45 mins
Old 03-25-2004, 09:05 PM
Airborne 2007

If you want to, you can plug the rudder into the aileron slot on your receiver and you will have the same controls as your Aerobird. As for mods, do a search here for tiger moth mods. Heres a website with some too. Hope this helps.

http://www.tigermothsquadron.com

-John
Old 03-30-2004, 04:59 AM
jatoo

Us Aussies have different contols to u guys.
left side: up/down is elevator; left/right is rudder
right side: up/down is throttle; left/right is aileron
because it steers with rudder i have it in aileron if i want it like the aero bird i can switch it, but i'm used to it now i reckon, and if I do swap it i will have the single stick control and the other throttle but i will have throttle on the right and stick on the left which is similar but opposite to the aerobird. thanks for all advice
i got a panel off that tigermoth squadron site but i'm thinking of making my own, but this small could be incredibly difficult. i'll have to work it out
anyone ever made one this small before? if so tell me all about it