Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Battery Packs

Old 04-21-2004, 08:19 PM
FirebatFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Battery Packs

Hi i was looking around on ebay and I found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3811435464
replace **** with ebay .com there is 60 NIMH batterys 1150 mAh for $15 this seems like a good deal because I could make lots of battery pakcs. What do you need to make the battery packs??
Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Battery Packs

Don't bother with those batteries. They're no good for the high current demands of electric flight. I say this not because I know the cells themselves, but because I know what's typically found on Ebay. Getting good cells for R/C electric flight off Ebay is a crapshoot, and the odds are nowhere near being in your favor. Most vendors on Ebay sell the cheapest crap cells they can find.

Unless they specify a brand name, like Sanyo, KAN, HECell, or GP, it's a pretty safe bet they're not going to perform. You know what they say about something sounding too good to be true, right?
Old 04-22-2004, 12:31 PM
FirebatFlyer

Would it be worth a try though i mean its only $.25 a cell if they dont last that long you still can make like 8 packs. I would be using them for a slow stick if that makes any difference....
Old 04-22-2004, 03:50 PM
RickAvery

I got some bulk 1800mha NiMH batteries and made some 8 cell packs. It worked, but they got unusually HOT not warm, during use, sky scooter with a speed 400 motor. Others on this forum pointed out that I was probably using them inappropriately from their intended design, ie. high current usage. They work great in the Tx so all is not lost.
Rick