Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:01 PM
aragorn318

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

I have been flying the Aerobird Extreme now for about a month and have played with the tail control horns. There are 4 different control horn holes and with the Pro and Sport Mode options, I view the plane as having 8 different control settings in total. I have had 9 flights with my aerobird xtreme and I've tried 4 different settings so far. In the Pro Mode, I tried threading the wire through the 3rd(default) closest hole from the surface as well as the 1st(most responsive). I found that, to my dismay, the 3rd hole still made the plane handle boring, but the 1st hole in the Pro Mode was virtually impossible! The plane was so responsive that I had no minute control whatsoever. I crashed the plane on the 1st hole hard. Unfortunately, I have not even had a chance to try threading through the 2nd hole yet!

Any other thoughts or experiences on this?

Also, did anyone try modifying the flimsy and fragile landing gear yet?
Old 05-10-2004, 06:50 AM
phil_is_mrx

Default RE: Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

I can't really say that I've done much with the control horns (even though I've replaced the tail twice, the wing once and the fuse once)... I'm currently using the 3rd (default) hole as well. I did find this: http://groups.msn.com/HobbyzoneRCPla...70155441946534

which looks like what you would be interested in.

I too think that the landing gear on the abx is really weak and flimsy. Each time I land it on grass, which would only be a couple of cm's high, the wheels will roll for a bit before the nose hits the ground and the metal wheel brace thingy would bend a bit.....

Don't know what else you could use instead of the wheels you get with it...?
Old 05-10-2004, 07:07 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Aerobird Xtreme Control Horns

In my travels on this site, the common complaint about Aerobird and Firebird designs was that they weren't resonsive enough. Seems that the people at HobbyZone have been listening, and they've given you the option to increase responsiveness to the point that it's downright twitchy.

You should tune your plane based on your experience and comfort level. Seems the 3rd hole is too lame, and the first hole is too wild. Easy answer is the second hole, or the first hole and switch back to sport mode. As you gain experience with flying the plane, you will probably finding yourself yawning at the second hole. Then it's time to switch to the first hole.