Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Need help with 4 ch GWS Rx

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 01:22 AM
jhearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with 4 ch GWS Rx

I have two 4 ch. GWS Naro Rx and with their confusing markings, I am having trouble deciding which pins are the neg/pos. One Rx has the pins on the end and the other has them on the face. For the Rx with the pins on the end, please tell me whether negative is near the board or away from it. On the Rx with the pins on the face, please tell me whether negative is towards the body of the Rx or the edge. Thanks for any help, Jim
Old 06-08-2003, 11:46 AM
00hex

On ALL receivers and servos: (except maybe some really old ones)

+ The (usually black) wire on one side is ground
+ The (usually red) middle wire is positive
+ The wire on the other side (may be white or yellow) is signal

If you plug a servo in backwards it won't work but it won't hurt anything either. Same for the battery connection IF it has all three pins; if it's in backwards it will only be half connected, you can't reverse the polarity. However if the battery only plugs into two pins you could wreck things by plugging it in wrong.
Old 06-08-2003, 02:06 PM
FHHuber
Banned

You CAN burn up an RX by plugging the battery/ESC in backward... so don't play with "musical connections"

If you have a Futaba servo plug... the alignment lug (white wire, or" signal" lead) goes in, away from the edge of the RX n the one that has the pins coming out the face. (I have that type RX)

The GWS RX's often have a sticker over the markings that really tell how to plug things in... Peel off the sticker from the celuoid case.

Hopefully, that will get you going on the second RX, as well as the one like what I have