Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

HobbyZone Radio......No Range?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

HobbyZone Radio......No Range?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Stratus311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HobbyZone Radio......No Range?

Hey all, I unfortunatly bought a Firebird Outlaw a while ago which isn't such a bad plane to start with and have crashed it numerous times because the radio range is terrible. If the plane gets 20 feet or more from me then the motors are very intermittent. I cannot keep the plane in the air. It has plenty of power but motors keep cutting out about 20 feet from me. Anybody else had this problem or know how to fix it? And trust me buying a new plane is on my list but I'd rather crash this one some more to learn before spending more money. Thanks in advance!!
Old 05-20-2004, 04:13 PM
dribbe

Default RE: HobbyZone Radio......No Range?

If you have tried fresh Tx batteries, and it still has problems... Contact the manufacturer for support.
Old 05-20-2004, 05:02 PM
Stratus311

I tried calling support about the problem, and they wanted me to send in the fuse and the Tx. When they see the fuse from all the hard landings from the radio cutting out they probably will not fix it. So I was wondering if anybody has ever tried to fix the problem with success. I know it's not a good plane and I should just buy something else but I spent my money on it and want it to fly. I am still learning and don't want to buy something bigger and better if I don't know how to fly because that will just be more money out of my pocket. So if anyone has any ideas on fixing this problem please let me know. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

You might be surprised. If you explain that the fuselage is bashed up BECAUSE of the poor range, they will fix it for you. Explain it in a calm, rational manner. Be nice about it. The customer service rep will be thrown off guard, because usually people just yell at them and call them names, and he/she will literally kiss your feet

Unfortunately, there is no magic cure for range issues like this. It's almost always an electronic problem, so realistically, if you have to ask how to fix it, you probably can't. You're talking about troubleshooting and soldering surface mount electronic components, a skill even robots have trouble with Takes a steady hand and many years of soldering experience to successfully R & R a surface mount component... For sure, any attempts to fix it would void the warranty.