Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

HELP, I can't fly!!!

Old 06-22-2004, 05:44 AM
Kamikaze Scott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, I can't fly!!!

Hello All
I know these forums are mostly reserved for discussions about true R/C aircraft, but I hope you'll indulge me and the problem i'm having with my "toy" airplane.
Not having ever flown an R/C plane before I went out and bought one of these:

http://www.giftnet.com.hk/975.htm

I figured it was an inexpensixe and safe way to get my feet wet in the hobby. After several days of bad weather I finally got a chance to take it out and give it a try. I promptly crashed the thing, several times.
Not sure exactly what I was doing wrong. With each attempt the plane behaved in the same manner. A slight turn to the right and then nose into the dirt. No matter what I did with the controls I ended up in the ground. I finally had to give up as the nose busted completely off. It's repaired now, but I don't want a repeat of my first attempt, so I need some advice on what to do to correct the problem.
The instructions for this thing are written in Chinese with a very bad English translation and are nearly useless. AS far as I can tell by the pictures i'm doing everything right, it just doesn't want to fly.
My wife says I can't buy any more planes until I learn to fly this one, so my future in the hobby rests soley in the hands of whoever out there can tell me how to get off the ground.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Scott
Old 06-22-2004, 06:50 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HELP, I can't fly!!!

I can't get that page to open, but the title comes up as 'B-2 Stealth Bomber'

Is it an electric B-2 with a 2-channel radio control?

Were there balance instructions? Did you try to follow them? That diving to the side usually indicates a stall, which you can induce by balancing wrong, OR by applying control before the plane has developed flying speed. It is possible you just need to launch it differently. Like, get on a picnic table, and launch it toward the horizon. Or lower. If you launch it with any upward component, gravity will slow the plane. If you launch it toward the ground, gravity will help it pick up speed. If you launch it toward a point below the horizon, the propellor will add speed, and gravity will help it gain flying speed, but it acquires flying speed gradually.

Without knowing any more I won't comment. However, I'm sure someone will.

Good luck,
Dave Olson
Old 06-22-2004, 08:00 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HELP, I can't fly!!!

Most "toy" airplanes are absolute junk. I would bet the house that this is one of those cases. It's a shame, really. How many people get turned off of R/C based on their experiences with some overpriced, overweight, underpowered, poorly-designed, poorly-constructed piece of crap?