Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

7.2V 900mAh battery in Slow Stick

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

7.2V 900mAh battery in Slow Stick

Old 06-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Airborne 2007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 7.2V 900mAh battery in Slow Stick

How well does the Aerobird's 7.2V 900mAh battery do in a Slow Stick? How long are the flight times? Thanks.

-John
Old 06-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Mars Flyer

Default RE: 7.2V 900mAh battery in Slow Stick

John,

They work great. That is what I almost always fly on my SS. I have also flown the 7 cell 1100 mAh which the Aerobirds can use. They give a little better performance but not much. I typically get 10 - 15 minutes on the 6 cell depending on how much looping and touch-and-going I do. You'll find that the SS flies so well that you can use a wide variety of battery types on it.
Old 06-23-2004, 10:02 PM
Airborne 2007

Hey, Thanks. How small of area can you fly the Slow Stick in. Obviously it shouldn't fly fast, but what speed does it fly at?

-John
Old 06-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mars Flyer,

Have you ever flown your SS with a 7 cell pack, and if so, can you describe the differences in flight? Currently, I'm using 7 cells nimh, looking to get some larger capacity packs and am wondering if the extra weight and cost of the extra cell is worth it.

Airborne,

As far as the room to fly it is concerned, it all depends on how much you want to keep turning. I would guess a slow fly-by would be around 5 mph and full out around 20. I fly in an area about 2 soccer pitches big and find that more than adequate.