Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

ESC, BEC and Reciever's

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 01:01 PM
Hepdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESC, BEC and Reciever's

This may be a silly question, but can a modern BEC equipped ESC be used with any reciever? I'd like to use an older 4 ch Futaba receiver in a new parkflyer, but don't want to run a separate battery for obvious weight reasons. On my Hi-tec radio gear the BATT spot is left open and the power comes in through the Throttle jack (I guess). Will that work with any reciever (barring obvious jack compatibility issues)?
Old 07-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Hatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESC, BEC and Reciever's

What year was the reciever manufactured? I am just curious how old you are talking about. My guess would be that you would have no problem combining the two, but don't take my word for it just yet.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:47 AM
Hepdog

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pre 1991 AM for sure, it's not gold stickered. Don't need any points on that either - I intend to fly only out on the farm - far away from anyone else. Plan is to build a cheap Depron toss a bout to go in the trunk and fly/crash whenever. I've got all the parts but the receiver and I don't really want to go buy one for this project - defeats the cheap concept. Any help would be great. I don't really want to "try it" uninformed and toast a perfectly good yet old receiver.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Hatty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would still think it would be alright to use it, but just to make sure, email Futaba at [email protected]. They will more than likely be able to tell you if it will work. They know a lot about their products and shouldn't let you down. Sorry I couldn't give you a definite answer.