Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Mini Piper

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 08:11 PM
EvolPenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Piper

I was wondering about the Graupner Mini Piper. I specifically was interested in about how fast it flies. Also, how much space would a begginer need to fly it?
Thanks in advance,
Alex
Old 08-19-2003, 11:43 AM
rcoggins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mini Piper

The Mini Piper is not what I would consider a slow flyer. It cruses at around 15 MPH at ½ throttle and can get up to I would guess around 25 MPH at full throttle. I fly mine in a field that is ½ mile long by ¼ mile wide. This gives me plenty of area to be comfortable with the aircraft and not have to yank and bank it as I would in a ball field.

While we are on the subject of the Mini Piper, Does any one have any suggestions for getting the propeller to stay on? I have used both CA and epoxy and neither hold the prop on well.
Old 08-20-2003, 10:36 AM
Highflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Mini Piper

the September 2003 issue has a very detailed review on the mini piper on page 86 that is worth checking out if you are interested.

if i remember right they use CA to keep the prop on the motor shaft