Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

how to set up radio gear

Old 07-21-2004, 06:48 PM
chasot
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to set up radio gear

I am trying to figure out how to hook up my flight gear. I have a cobra w 4 hs-55's, a 555 rec. and the Potensky motor,speed control. I have to plug the motor plug into the 5th chan/batt slot. Then how do I mix it to the throtle? it is on/off swithched to the gear toggle? Do I have to y-harness my ail. servos? I do not have the intruction book for my radio anymore,so that doesnt help either. ( FUT 6 chan.) Is the premix the answer? I have to use one of the two mixes for the ail. now.

Thanks, Chas
Old 07-23-2004, 10:46 PM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: how to set up radio gear

Have you read the instructions? I am not familiar with the plane you are flying.

If you are flying a Hitec radio, then ailerons are in channel 1, elevator 2, throttel in 3, rudder in 4 and battery in 5. if you have a Hitec Flash 5X or higher computer radio, you can use 5 to split the ailerons.

Don't know if that helps.
Old 07-23-2004, 10:57 PM
hexonxonx

i`m gona be confused the rest of the night
Old 07-23-2004, 11:23 PM
aeajr

What is the confusion?

What are your questions?

First RTFM - read the friendly manual! [8D]
Old 07-24-2004, 06:08 AM
LEATHERMAN

If you don't have your manual,You might what to find someone with the same radio and make a copy of it.
Old 07-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Chas:
If your trans. is Futaba 6 channel, the speed controller plugs into #3. Fut setup is, 1 ail. 2 elevator, 3 throttle, 4 rudder. Throttle servo direction needs to be reversed on Fut. to operate throttle in the proper direction. Do all testing without the prop on for safety purposes. Guess how I found out. Easiest is to use a Y harness. Otherwise, if you want to use flaperons, plug right servo into channel 1, left servo into channel 6. Go into the programing and " enable " flaperons. Hope this helps.
PS you may be able to download the manual from the Futaba website for your radio.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:26 PM
chasot
My Feedback: (11)

thanks, that's how I have set it up now. I will just have to Y the ail. since the 555 rec is only 5 cha

I am going to switch over from large scale to small electrics. Lots to learn in this brave new (little) world.

Chas
Old 07-26-2004, 08:30 PM
aeajr

What radio are you using? You may be able to split the ailerons on Ch 5. The Hitec Flash 5X can do that. The Futaba 7C can do it too as well as many others. Check the manual.