Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

It'll be out WHEN?!?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 11:47 AM
kennydee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It'll be out WHEN?!?

Does this bug anyone as much as it does me. A manufacturer will begin to advertise a new plane. The Ad makes the plane very desirable. I see it, I want it, I can't buy it!!! So, I wait, days, weeks, even months, still no plane. But the Ads continue to run. I pick up the RC mag and there it is, taunting me, tempting me, BUT I STILL CAN'T BUY ONE! This seems to be standard practice lately. Am I over-reacting, should I seek medical help?
Old 08-02-2004, 01:16 PM
Hatty

Default RE: It'll be out WHEN?!?

I totally agree with you. They need to advertise at the most a week in advance. I have felt the same way and to some extent, by them doing that, I want the product less.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:31 PM
Spdrmnky

I concur... [sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 08-03-2004, 08:52 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

I have to agree. By the time many planes actually come out, months or years later, my interest has generally worn off. Had the plane been available when it was announced, I might've done an impulse buy. It certainly saves me a bunch of money, though

One thing you have to remember is that magazines have a THREE MONTH lead time for ads. That means you have to put in the ad for a new plane three months out from the expected release date. A lot can happen in three months, and usually does.