Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

My reciever is broken.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 04:39 PM
Doz_75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My reciever is broken.....

Hi there.

With tears in my eyes I must say that my reciever (product No.: 301204 , www.art-tech.cn) for my Wing Dragon is broken.

Do you know if its possible to use a reciever from another brand? If yes, wich one? I can't find any dealers in Denmark that sell Art-Tech.

I really really hope you people can help me.

Kind regards

Doz_75 (very sad) []
Old 08-08-2004, 08:20 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: My reciever is broken.....

My guess is probably not. Most of these low-price "all in one" airplanes use a proprietary radio system, and the only "receiver" that will work on the airplane is another one out of the same model of airplane.

It's been my experience that the "receiver" is both the receiver and speed control on these types of planes. The servos are generally standard GWS units. You can get a complete, standard R/C radio system that comes with transmitter and receiver, and install it in the airplane. OF course, if the servos are proprietary as well (built into the "receiver" or have more than 3 wires), they'll need replacing too.

If the speed control is a separate unit and has a 3-wire connection to the receiver, you won't need to buy a new one.

Take this all with a grain of salt. The link you provided above is terribly slow, so I can't do proper research. I'm only basing my advice on experience with similar planes.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:29 AM
lozza

In the Wing Dragon the receiver and the speed controller are separate. I am assuming you are quite sure it is the receiver that has failed, not the speed controller or the transmitter for example.

The receiver will have a plug-in crystal in it, so don't throw that away, as it will match the frequency of the one in the transmitter. It will have Ch 04, or Ch 08, or something like that on it.

I sell Wing Dragons here and can provide a spare receiver, cost USD 20 including postage to you in Denmark, payment by PayPal please. I will send it minus crystal, unless you tell me what frequency it is, in which case you will have two crystals, but I suppose it is possible your crystal is broken. If I don't have the right frequency crystal in stock I will tell you. As far as I know, there are only 3 frequency choices for the Wing Dragon.

Please email me if you are interested, and we can take it from there.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Doz_75

Hi Iozza.

Thanks for your help.

I contacted the company where I bought the Wing Dragon, and they'll sell/send a new reciever.

I'm pretty sure it's the reciever part that's broken, because I get a reaction from the servos.

I'll get back to you if I need your assistance.

You say that you sell WD's, do you have af website?

Many thanks again.

Regards

Doz_75