Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Problems with my himax 2025

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 02:55 AM
pointblank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with my himax 2025

Ok I have flown my depron plane 2 times and loved it. However I am having a really hard time with the motor on 1/4 to 1/8 throttle. If I want to do a gentle power up the motor shakes and rattles like it is "backfiring." After pushing the throttle to 3/4 the prop finally takes off like a champ and spins like mad. I was out at the field today and asked some of the salts about it and they couldn't help me [:@] (one of which has the exact setup except on a P-40 foamy) so much for age and wisdom over youth and stupidity . The only explanation that I can give is the brake is set too low or the soft start on my CC 25 is not on the right setting (both of which are on the factory setting right now). I am using a 12/6 apc, spun on a 6.6/1 gear box. I checked all the screws on the spur and pinion and it all feels solid. Does this sound like anything you have seen before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Problems with my himax 2025

All brushless motors will do that to some extent. What's actually happening is the motor is chugging back and forth while the speed control determines which way it's turning, and which way it's supposed to turn. Changing the timing to "hard" timing will improve that somewhat, but it will always be there. 99% of the time it happens only at the very very very lowest throttle setting, which you can't even get to with your typical ratcheting transmitter. Don't let it go on too long, or you'll burn the ESC out.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:42 AM
gravityrules

I have a Himax 2015 with the CC 25 esc with default settings and it does the same thing. At first I thought it quite strange, but now I just power past that point and everything is ok after that and I can throttle back down to low.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:10 AM
pointblank

Have you fooled around with the settings, and had any changes? Or should I just leave mine and deal with it?
Old 08-20-2004, 01:00 PM
csisfun

When I switched from soft start to VERY SOFT START up mode in my CC 25, the same problem happened. It was quite irritating, but what you have to do is to go past 1/2 throttle, perhaps 3/4 and it will disappear after a while.

I had that problem too when my settings was at SOFT START, only less.
Old 08-20-2004, 02:24 PM
fla_g8tor

I had the same problems with both my 2015 and 2025. The problem disappeared after I switched the wires around. You know how if its running backwards you just switch any two wires? switch them back and switch one of them and the one that you didn't switch in the first place.
Old 09-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Dave A
My Feedback: (1)

fla_g8tor,

Thanks for that info! I just set up a 2015-4100 w/gearbox and about ripped off the front of my foamy with the "shakes". I tried all the settings on my Pheonix 25 with little help. I now have the black to black, red to white and white to red. Works fantastic now. What a relief!

Thangs again,
Dave
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59 AM
NAVYMUSTANG
My Feedback: (2)

I think CC has some new downloads to program you esc.....Try their site and click downloads...
NM