Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

anyone live in Portland, Oragon ? or know RC Hobbies aka micro r/c racing ?

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

anyone live in Portland, Oragon ? or know RC Hobbies aka micro r/c racing ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Airbourne in Japan
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone live in Portland, Oragon ? or know RC Hobbies aka micro r/c racing ?

hi,

i was wondering if anyone here lives in Portland Oragon as i ordered some stuff (i'm in japan) from a web site of micro r/c racing and they just took my money and never sent it. they don't reply to e-mails and their phone number is a fax. also their listing by zip code in the white pages is for portland, not milwaukie as on the web site and the name is RC Hobbies. anyone locally know them ? the street address is

1916 se monroe street, portland, OR 97222.

never been ripped off before by web purchases and want to get my $$s back. most unusual it should happen in r/c
Old 09-01-2004, 12:52 AM
micaheli
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: anyone live in Portland, Oragon ? or know RC Hobbies aka micro r/c racing ?

I live in the portland area.. What do you want me to do about this?

--Micah
Old 09-01-2004, 01:06 AM
Airbourne in Japan

Default RE: anyone live in Portland, Oragon ? or know RC Hobbies aka micro r/c racing ?

hi micah,

many thanks for your message. i was wondering if you know this shop. the name they use on their web site is micro rc racing store, but i checked their zip code in the white pages and the name there is rc hobbies. the address is 1916 se monroe street, milwaukie, portland or 97222. they never answer their emails and the phone number listed is a fax and i have not been able to send any faxes to that number.

have you or any of your buddies ever been there ? i have ordered thousands of $s of stuff from the web (as i live in japan) and have always received good service. i am pretty pissed off with these guys, especially as it's rc. it's only $75 that i lost, but i think they must rip off all overseas orders. i would welcome your reply.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:53 AM
Huey130

Guuueeessss what!

I was searching here before I asked the same damned question!!!!

Yeah only $20.49 here BUT it's the principle. I have nothing better to do than find Mr. Troy Martin and ask him to refund my money.
I've sent several emails and am about to call a number from a white pages search.

Anything ever come of this w/ you? Anyone else?

Here's all the details I have so far:
Ebay under user name "micromonsters". The user has unregistered and the last few feedbacks were all negative.
Micro Racing in Milwaukie, OR, 503-652-6925, http://www.microrcracing.com/
Troy Martin organised a micro RC club at the Community Center with that phone number and an email of [email protected]: http://microrcracing.com/Banners/raceflyer2003.htm

Like I said this is the first time in a LOT of transactions over the web that someone took me. I'm still at the "benefit of the doubt" stage but it's getting to the "better have a damned good excuse" stage!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:09 AM
Airbourne in Japan

so it's true the guy's a rip off artist. i am even more angry now. i made a complaint to the Oregon stat consumer department and i suggest that you do the same. i was contacted by Wood Carmen [[email protected]] and they have contacted him. i was ripped off for $75. i suggest that you contact the consumer complaints department and file a complaint about this piece of **** - the web site is at http://www.doj.state.or.us/FinFraud/welcome3.htm

i tried to email the police but the message didn't get thru. i was hoping to find someone who lives in portland who knew this guy. his phone is an answer phone instead of a fax now. i think i'll phone up and give him some abuse !! and the police. please feel free to email me or do a private message and perhaps we can coordinate a plan of attack. hahaha i'm going to get my $s back i hope.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
Huey130

Cool. Have the form up now.

Did you look at all the links I put up?
I did a search for Troy Martin on a few of the white pages sites and there's only one in the 503 area code.
I called at what would of been 10AM their time. Wife answered the phone and handed it to Troy. I said "Hi I'm Craig and I'm looking for someone that sold me something off Ebay." Now odly instead of immediatelt saying "I don't sell stuff on Ebay" or something like that he asked "What was it?". I said a "GWS battery". "A GWS what? Battery? What's that?" I suggested maybe I had the wrong Troy. He said that yeah that must be it because other people called about batteries and that THAT Troy Martin lives in blah-blah-blah (didn't recognize the town). I apologized and hung up. In hindsight... that conversation seems fishy to me.

I've started a Paypal reclaim ticket and will fill out the consumer thing right now.

Good luck and stay in touch.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:37 AM
Huey130

Just got an email saying my product was on the way.
I'll believe it when I see it.

This is the address the email came from: [email protected]