Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

New WM Clipped Wing Cub and Rambler

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

New WM Clipped Wing Cub and Rambler

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2004, 03:21 AM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New WM Clipped Wing Cub and Rambler

These are my newly complete WM EP planes. While I'm not wild about the Rambler's looks, the plane is flyable with a 2 cell Li-po if a little underpowered. The Clipped-Wing Cub, on the other hand, is beautiful and I look forward to maidening her soon. WM has only recently entered the EP plane market and their all balsa, ply models are still of exceptional quality. I had only a few problems during assembly.

EP Rambler - Wing alignment was off requiring about a 1.5mm of balsa to rectify.

EP CW Cub

1. String to pull the aileron servo leads through the wing were too short required dextrous hands and tweezers to get them to tie a knot.

2. Hole through the rib next to the aileron servo is too small for the joint between the servo lead and extension to go through. Had to push it and the wires to one side of the space

3. Pre-drilled control horns for the rudder were too high so that they interfered with the elevator setup. Had to move the control horn lower

Otherwise both kits were extremely easy to assemble. I have already notified WM of the faults and hope that they resolve these issues. They aren't large but compared to the absolute ease of assembly for their other planes, they may still want to address these minor details.

And if you really want to be picky, the sticker for the number is too small for the wing. Small detail.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52200.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	174268   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43746.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	174269   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87696.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	174270  
Old 09-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: New WM Clipped Wing Cub and Rambler

How about some more details, like power systems, etc?
Old 10-01-2004, 04:49 AM
forestroke

Default RE: New WM Clipped Wing Cub and Rambler

I used the original speed 400/gearbox setup with the included folding props and it works just fine. The Rambler is running on 7.4V 3000mah lipos and is a little weak considering that the motor is 8.4V. The CW Cub runs on 11.1V 3000mah lipos and has good power though not enough for aggressive climbing. Altogether, not the best running gear... but the planes are pretty in the sky... sometimes, that's all that counts!!!

Maidened the CW Cub without incident!