Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Micro receiver question

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Trung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Micro receiver question

Hey guys...I'm trying to look through towers site for an electric plane and all the accesorries. I just have a question about those lil micro receivers. Okay first of all, I have a futaba 6yg Tx and I have picked out the electrifly 4CH FM Rx... would this combo work? I also got an ESC electrifly c-20... to my knowledge... the main battery pack which powers the motor is pluged into the ESC, the ESC is pluged into the Rx, and it powers everything, unlike the RX I used in the nitro planes which needs a separate 4.8V battery. Is this correct?
Then I thought about what if I want to upgrade my electric cessna later, I saw the electrifly 5CH FM Rx w/30Amps ESC. I read the specs and it says "Power Requirements: 4.8 to 6.0 volts (shared with servos)".....So does this mean I need a separate battery for the receiver?
Now that I'm totally confused I looked down the list and saw Hitec Feather 4CH Rx... what about this one, does it a separate battery? Could someone kindly clear this up for me, your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Trung
Old 10-02-2004, 10:37 AM
Tall Paul

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Micro receiver question

As long as the transmitter and receiver are both FM (or both AM), and on the same frequency,... they'll work together.. IF the manufacturer of the receiver (most important) states which brand of transmitter the receiver is intended to work with. Futaba (tx) and Hitec(rx) are compatible. Futaba (tx) and JR (rx) aren't.
Also the servo connectors must be considered. Hitec uses a generic connector which most manufacturers servos will plug into.
As long as you specify a Futaba compatible receiver, it will work with your transmitters.
The ESC does power everything, if it has the BEC option. Most do, some don't. Without BEC, the receiver and servo needs the seperate battery.
Old 10-02-2004, 10:01 PM
Trung

Thanks for the info Paul that really cleared things up for me....
Now... umm have anyone have any comments on the electrifly receivers? any problems?
I tried looking in the product guide but found nothing too helpful.
Old 10-03-2004, 08:33 AM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Don't get a Feather. They are terrible. Look at a Berg.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:13 AM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ESC will work with the RCVR you bought with your radio. As Foamaholic says, look at the Berg.
Old 10-03-2004, 09:14 AM
Mikerjf

Berg 5
Old 10-04-2004, 01:55 PM
Trung

Well today my plane fell from the tree so I got pretty much all of the electronics back and in good condition too. I was thinking of using my futaba 7CH Rx in my electric... would the ESC work with this Rx?
Old 10-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Foamaholic
My Feedback: (1)

Yes the esc should work with any receiver as long as the plug fits.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:25 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second the response on the Feather Reciever ... do NOT get it. I have had great success with the Hitec Electron Reciever. I have been using it in 2 aircraft. It is dual conversion !

Bob