Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Beginner Park Flyer

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Cole_lol

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beginner Park Flyer

I am kinda interested in the electic stuff... I am wondering what a good one to start out with would be. Im not really a big fan of the slow sticks ( think is what its called ) any other suggestions?
Old 10-06-2004, 01:54 PM
Trung

Default RE: Beginner Park Flyer

Take a look at the aerobird challenger... I learned on a firebird commander which is a 2CH plane. The challenger is a 3CH version. I think you should spend the lil extra bucks for a 3CH plane cuz you wont get bored of it as fast. These birds are very easy to fly as well as very tough. Nose dived several times and still flies and flies. And if you do damage it, some tape and glue should fix it.
Old 10-06-2004, 02:48 PM
tdoggterry

I like the T-Hawk. Mine flies very good and come with extra parts just incase
Old 10-06-2004, 03:22 PM
INeedHelp
My Feedback: (1)

Pico Tiger moth is an excellent trainer as well. My 12 year old daughter is learning with one right now.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:43 PM
radcast2

This was my 3rd plane but my 2nd 3ch plane and I am just loving it.
Parkzone J3 Cub
http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Det...Number=PKZ1100
good luck
Old 10-07-2004, 12:23 PM
Cole_lol

Ok thats cool.. Is there any elecrics that I can use a 4 channel radio with? I am into glow planes too but I thought that I could fly an electric a little more because i dont have time to go to the field all the time. Any suggestions on this one? Thanks
Cole
Old 10-07-2004, 01:18 PM
Arznek

If you're going to use your own controller check out GWS's line of park fliers. They're reasonably inexpensive and a lot of fun. It would be doubly good for you to learn the guts of an electric by putting one together instead of an RTF package.
Old 10-07-2004, 06:18 PM
Trung

I got bored of my firebird so I have an electric cessna coming in a few days. I'm using my own radio equipements with it.... its an Ultrafly Models 182 Cessna ARF, its at towers. I've read alot of positive comments about this plane.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:04 PM
radcast2

I am looking at getting my first 4ch electric and I am looking at these....the SmoothE SP nad the Dandy Sport....
http://www.mountainmodels.com/index....ccessories.php
Old 10-07-2004, 10:16 PM
BobbyGee
My Feedback: (3)

Cole,

If you're already flying glow planes you probably aren't looking for a trainer. You certainly aren't looking for an Aerobird or a T-Hawk.

Among good 4 channel choices are the offerings from Mountain Models and Stevens Aero. They offer kits, so you'll be doing some building. The final result will be of a higher quality than GWS stuf, for example.

There are lots of possibilities on the market now. You might find it very informative to grab a copy of Quiet Flyer magazine, or Backyard Flyer. They are all about electrics.

BobbyG
Old 10-14-2004, 11:19 AM
G1EZV

Ultrafly Cessna 182 is Brilliant

Comes with Motor & Gearbox plus two wings! A thick one for beginners and, when you are competant, a thinner one for aero's. You can include flaps on both, as there is provision, and the hardware, for inclusion on both, if you want.

All Hardware is supplied, including a 'Foam' Glue.
Old 10-14-2004, 11:45 AM
RickAvery

The multiplex space scooter is also a 4 ch. park flyer. If it's half as fun as the old sky scooter, it'll be a blast. I'm building one up now with brushless power. Will fly it this weekend.
Rick
Old 10-14-2004, 12:20 PM
jakjr
My Feedback: (18)

Ive got an ultrafly cessna 182, it would be a very good trainer. Its 4 chanels (aileron, elevator, throttle, rudder) but cna be built without ailerons, or without a rudder if desired (dont know why you would want to though).

With the begginers wing and the stock power sytem it flies great, nice and slow, easy to handle, very forgiving.

The only thing is you cant really fly itin that small of a space, youll need a larger feild if your learning. Ive gotten better on mine and can fly it in a 150x100' lot but its a close call getting it turned around and you can forget aerobatics.

The neat thing about this plane is it comes with 2 wings, one for begginers and one for doing aerobatics. Once youve gotten good on the begginers wing you can move up to teh aerobatics wing and do tricks.
Old 10-14-2004, 12:30 PM
Knighthawk2100

The E-flight ultimate or Tribute are nice but they require 4 servos and a micro receiver but they fly realy good. Don't know how much you want to spend but the brushless version of those two run about $400 with everything (plane motor ESC SERVOS battery) Realy good for 3d check out www.horizonhobby.com for those. Another really cool electric is the IFO from Wildrc.com there fun for just crazy flying around and are durable as hell, and fairly cheap.