Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Triton Cutoff Voltage

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Triton Cutoff Voltage

In the discharge mode the Triton will cutoff at the set value of volts/cell. In the cycle mode it will continue to discharge below this value. I sent my charger into Hobbico and they said that this was normal operation. It does not make any sense to me. Has anyone else tried to use their Triton in the cycle mode nd monitor the cut off voltage?
Old 10-14-2004, 02:28 AM
2much$

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Triton Cutoff Voltage

Hey Dan,
This confused me at first as well, however if you look on page 12 of the instruction manual you will see a small disclaimer near the bottom of the page. It states that during "cycle mode, the discharge cutoff voltage for either battery type (Nicad and NiMh) is FIXED at 0.8V per cell".
Old 10-14-2004, 10:36 AM
All Day Dan
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you for pointing this out to me. It is not "small print" but it is well embedded in the manual. It does not make any sense that they would set up the charger to work this way. The standard accepted value for these cells is 1.1 volts and anything below this would be hazardous to their reliability. For some reason you can set the cutoff voltage but the setting does not apply in the cycle mode. I even sent the unit back but I never got the clear answer I got from you. Thanks again.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:23 AM
kf6rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction...
On GP Battery's PDF manuals... it states the full dischage of a cell is at .8 volts. (NIMH)