Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

SS/Slo-v snow skis?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 09:32 PM
backyard123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SS/Slo-v snow skis?

I fly a slo-v, and was wondering if anybody modified there plane to fly with skis. Winter is not too far away, and I want to be able to take off in the snow. Does any body have any suggestions on how to build skis, or if there is any skis that would work on the slo-v.
Old 11-08-2004, 10:31 PM
Capt Don

Default RE: SS/Slo-v snow skis?

I'm not familiar with a slo-v but have tried several makes of skis on several planes including a Hobbico Superstar 40, a Soarstar, and a Potensky Eagle. I think you'd be much better off with floats that can be used on both water and snow. If you do some searches on these forums I think you'll find that most snow fliers prefer floats to skis. The 4 points of attachment pretty much eliminate trying to get the springs and collars adjusted properly with skis.

Here are a couple of pictures of my Potensky Eagle on floats.

Capt Don
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81972.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	191400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gc91519.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	191401  
Old 11-09-2004, 04:16 PM
backyard123

Default RE: SS/Slo-v snow skis?

How do you like your Potensky Eagle? I am ready to move up to an aerobatic airplane. Would this be a good airplane to start aerobatics with? I like the fact that they make floats for it.