Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

best plane for a beginner?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 06:07 PM
crazyboutrc1227
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best plane for a beginner?

I have never owned a RC planes before, but I am interested in the hobby. I have had 3 nitro cars, 1 electric boat, and my friend flies stunt planes and park flyers (all electric). He is the one who got me interested in the first place. I was hoping that someone out there would give me some suggestions on which plane would be the best for me. I have access to a couple of open fields, although they are not too big. i'd like to stick with the slower models because of that very reason. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 11-14-2004, 08:51 PM
skater_719
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: best plane for a beginner?

hoby zone outlaw, i'v got 4or 5 planes and that ones like the funnest because its so easy and you can go sooo slow
Old 11-14-2004, 09:12 PM
backyard123

I would recommend the Park Zone Slo-v. It was my first plane. It is a RTF plane, that is very durable , and with your friend by your side, you could easily learn to fly. It has the X-port, so you can add on a sonic combat module, areal drop module, or a night flight system. The transmitter has two modes, for low and high rates of movement. When you master the low rates, you can practice on high rates, or do some aerobatics on the high rates. So far, i have done loops, and inverted flying. The plane can fly extremely slow at half throttle. I fly it in a fenced baseball field behind my house. Check it out.

[link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCategory/Product/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ1300]park zone slo-v[/link]
Old 11-14-2004, 09:15 PM
john_s3
My Feedback: (1)

There Are 2 Great Starter Planes By GWS I Qwn Both The Slow Stick ( The One With The Metal Boom) And The E Starter .The Stick Is 3 Chanel And The E Starter Is A 4 Chanel Ship.Both Are Great Slow Flyers .The E Starter Can Do More Maneuver And The Stick Is More Of A Glider.I Recomen The 8.4 730 aMH Battery For Both Models.The 7.2 IS Light On Power And The 9.6 Is A Little On The Heavy Side.The Last Point Is That Both These Modles Can Be Hoped Up After You Learn To Fly By Cliping The Wings [8D] As For Set Up Using The GWS Recievier ,ESC ,And servos Work Well. The HS-55 By Hitech Is A Better Servo In My Opion. Have Fun And Welcome To Flying.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:57 PM
Drift Noob

Hey, i just brought a brand new Super Sonic plane, thats all that i could see on the box on the website, while were on the subject, can someone please tell me if it is a good plane or not?