Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Apache 2500 vs. Electrifly

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2004, 04:50 AM
Rick Highland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Apache 2500 vs. Electrifly

I have 2 electrifly Li-Po 720mAh, 11.1v batteries that are brand new, never been charged or put on a plane. Today I got the Apache 2500 charger. I hooked them up and the charger just flashes the red light. It does not mater if I use the charge or discharge leads. Any body have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?????????????? Both of the jumpers are set for the apropriate voltage and amperage.[sm=frown.gif]
Old 12-01-2004, 07:22 AM
stomper
My Feedback: (20)

Default RE: Apache 2500 vs. Electrifly

ORIGINAL: Rick Highland

I have 2 electrifly Li-Po 720mAh, 11.1v batteries that are brand new, never been charged or put on a plane. Today I got the Apache 2500 charger. I hooked them up and the charger just flashes the red light. It does not mater if I use the charge or discharge leads. Any body have an idea of what I'm doing wrong?????????????? Both of the jumpers are set for the apropriate voltage and amperage.[sm=frown.gif]
First off....Welcome to RCU!!

The flashing red light is telling you that the charger is not set up right.
The Apache does not have the ability to discharge!

The long power lead is to be hooked up to a 12 volt power source. The blue wire is negative and the pink wire is positive on both leads.
The short wire will go to your battery pack.

As for the jumpers.
the upper four set of pins is to set the number of cells in your pack ( 1,2,3,4 )

The lower set of pins is for setting the current of 2500mA,2000mA,1700mA,1200mA,700mA,and 250mA.

For your packs, set the number of cells to three with the jumper and set the current to 700mA with the other jumper.
HTH
Old 12-01-2004, 06:12 PM
Rick Highland

Default RE: Apache 2500 vs. Electrifly

Apreciate the help. I found out the battery that I used to power the charger was bad. I didn't put out enough power to run the charger.