Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Miracle epp

Old 12-06-2004, 09:11 AM
Jobu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Miracle epp

There is a new plane on the market called the Miracle Epp. It is similar Potensky Eagle/Cobra, but smaller ailerons and elev.
Has anyone seen any extra info or reviews on this plane, or anyone tried it.
I have an un assembled Eagle but this looks easier to build and fly. Also seems like it would take more abuse in learning 3d.

Thanks
Joe
Old 01-10-2005, 11:22 AM
mikenmike

Default RE: Miracle epp

i have a potensky eagle also. it was my fist plane that i had to build and i must say i was a little intimadated with all the stuff they left up to me to build. after looking at the directions 3 or 4 times and raeding as much as i could find on the web i rolled up my sleeves and dove in. the whole build took about 15 hours [remember its my first build]. something else to keep in mind is this is my first aileron plane. i bought this plane because it looks like it could take a crash or 2 and also its fairly slow flyin speed. after spending so much time building i was nervos to say the laest to fly it. now that i have flone it 5 times without a problem i must say im very very happy with this plane its now very easy for me to fly it, im finding myself getting braver with every flight coming closer to the ground and doing more trix. the first time i flu it my buddy chris did the old "man i gotta have one too" but he didnt want the same thing so he bought the mericle epp with a pjs 800 external roter with a big ol ly-poly batt. now we thought the same thing you did, it looked easy to build compared to the potensky, not so. it took us 20 to 25 hours to complete, everythig had to be cut into place like servos motor rx, i did not like the contole surface hinges,they seem to add alot of friction and wieght i think the taped hinges on the potensy are much smoother and offer more deflction. anywho he flew it yesterday for about 30 seconds and chrashed into a tree he could not get it trimed fast enough and with the higher speeds the tree walked right into the plane [here in ct the trees do that]. if you ask me the potensky you already have is a great plane you should just do it i also like the miracle but i think the longer build time and higher speeds need more expereanced hands [all in do time]. just my 2-cents.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:24 AM
mikenmike

i have a potensky eagle also. it was my fist plane that i had to build and i must say i was a little intimadated with all the stuff they left up to me to build. after looking at the directions 3 or 4 times and raeding as much as i could find on the web i rolled up my sleeves and dove in. the whole build took about 15 hours [remember its my first build]. something else to keep in mind is this is my first aileron plane. i bought this plane because it looks like it could take a crash or 2 and also its fairly slow flyin speed. after spending so much time building i was nervos to say the laest to fly it. now that i have flone it 5 times without a problem i must say im very very happy with this plane its now very easy for me to fly it, im finding myself getting braver with every flight coming closer to the ground and doing more trix. the first time i flu it my buddy chris did the old "man i gotta have one too" but he didnt want the same thing so he bought the mericle epp with a pjs 800 external roter with a big ol ly-poly batt. now we thought the same thing you did, it looked easy to build compared to the potensky, not so. it took us 20 to 25 hours to complete, everythig had to be cut into place like servos motor rx, i did not like the contole surface hinges,they seem to add alot of friction and wieght i think the taped hinges on the potensy are much smoother and offer more deflction. anywho he flew it yesterday for about 30 seconds and chrashed into a tree he could not get it trimed fast enough and with the higher speeds the tree walked right into the plane [here in ct the trees do that]. if you ask me the potensky you already have is a great plane you should just do it i also like the miracle but i think the longer build time and higher speeds need more expereanced hands [all in do time]. just my 2-cents.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:51 PM
Jobu

Yep...I just finished the build, working on the electronics. Will post a first flight report.

I did have a tough time with the wing. Also the fuse was a little crooked from the box. I tried to heat and flatten but was more like duck and cover. I hope it does not effect the flight characteristics too much. Like you said it is a slooow flyer.

Thanks...Joe
Old 01-12-2005, 06:19 PM
Jobu

Hey, what did your friend think of the PJS 800 motor?
Does it have alot of torque?
How did the Miracle do in the crash test?
joe
Old 01-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Jobu

Built it.
Flew it.
Love it!
joe
Old 01-16-2005, 12:19 PM
mikenmike

after we got the miracle out of the tree we could see that one of the aileron hinges came out and a few chunchs of foam were missin no big deal. we got a new hinge and taped up the holes with light tape.after having a week to get more nervous he put it up again this time with me next to him to help trim and a little less throtle. it flew awsome. once it was trimed he started playing with the power. this thing will go streight up a 2\3 throtle and man does it sound wild. at 1\3 throtle it sounds like a u.f.o. [yes i have heard one before].anyway all was going great until some bozo turned on his stryker radio [bozo being me] and right into the ground she went . now we arent sure if it was the styker radio or a loose batt connection, but we will prove it out at the feild next time. now i wish i took pics of the crashed bird to show you cuz man was it bad. was bad is more like it cuz its back to new [with a little epoxy] its a miracle
Old 01-17-2005, 01:48 AM
Jobu

You two sound alot like me and my friend. I was revving my motor in his garage while holding my SmoothE and he started doing the same but his Formosa was on his bench with a screw driver chocked behind the tail wheel. Then it let go and he flew off the bench and into my bird knickin the wing. He had just finished the build too, never saw the light of day...wrecked his landing gear. We're always clipping eachother mid flite. I chopped up his antenna as payback.

I love the Eagle man...smooth...easy...fun. Thing rocks with this motor. What do you have in yours and also what kind of battery does your friend use with 800?

Joe
Old 01-18-2005, 05:42 PM
mikenmike

right now i have the stock pot 300 in the eagle but soon ill switch to the pjs550r. i like the way it flys with this set up but after you watch a nice brushless set up fly you do the old i gotta have that. last night i put the floats on the eagle cuz were suposta get some snow, man itll be kool to see her take off and land in the snow. as for the miracle chris bought a 11.1 volt 2100mah thunder power pack from hobby lobby. and yeah you guys sound alot like us, just last weekend we had a mid-air and we both saved em before they hit the ground, i think you could have heard us laghin over their in N.Y.