Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

I.F.O covering help!!!!!

Old 12-15-2004, 07:37 PM
touch n go 13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I.F.O covering help!!!!!

i am making my own i.f.o out of carbon rod from kites and ripstop nylon. i am almost done and am at the covering stage. is there anyone who has built an ifo and can give me some tips on covering it. I need to know how to attach it to the rod.

thanks for the help
justin
Old 12-15-2004, 07:41 PM
touch n go 13

Default RE: I.F.O covering help!!!!!

I also need some idea of the c.g

thanx again
justin
Old 12-15-2004, 09:19 PM
smokingcrater

first, use rip stop nylon, NOT regular covering. you can also use saran wrap in a pinch, but probably only want that for the rudder. if you do use that for the rudder, you can shrink it a little with a heat gun, but you will probably crack your CF in the process. (bent CF is very, very sensitive to heat, it doesn't take much for it to split)

anyway, get ripstop and cut it out so it overhangs the edge by about 1/4 inch. then put down a layer of rubber cement and let it tack up. (2-4 minutes or so) finally just fold all the edges over on themselves so they go around the cf rods.
Old 12-16-2004, 02:33 PM
RCFlyer55
My Feedback: (28)

Smokin's got it right, and be VERY carful about heating the rip stop nylon, it shrinks FAST and MELTS even quicker if you get too close with the heat gun.