Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

any electricians out there????what should i try next??

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

any electricians out there????what should i try next??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2004, 09:41 PM
hasstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any electricians out there????what should i try next??

HI! hope everyone had a good holliday season. i did and i got to playing with one of my new toys. my brother bought me a fancy multimeter for my other hobby cars, but i put it to use on my old dead aerobird. the bird was a blast untill one day it just died (after a perfect landing i swear!) controlls worked the whole time i walked back to get a new battery for another flight and when i hooked it up i got nothing. just a twitch of the servos (normally happens when the bat is plugged in) and a twitch of the motor, also normal on this plane. the servos work and so does the motor. (if the servos are moved from home when the battery is off and then plugged in they go back to home with the transmitter on or off) well i want to fly and im scared to ruin my new plane so i got to tinkering. all batteries are good. put brand new ones in the transmitter to double check and no luck. the new AA's in the transmitter were at 1.618v each but after being on for about 5 min while i tinkered with the plane they were down to 1.52v each. im suspecting the transmitter now, not the plane. the transmitter also got pretty warm inside, i didnt notice it ever before but this is the first time i had it taken apart. it was just a small doodad thingy with a heat sink on it that got warm, real warm. think this is normal? should it have taken soo much out of the batteries so fast?? i also found the soldered in crystals in the radio and plane. i think they would be super easy to replace if i can find some to try out. the crystals say hzb 26.740 5fzr on them (plane says ch 5 fm27.195m on its side). can i get a crystal from a hobby shop to try out or are they different cuz this is such a cheap plane?? they look just like normal crystals in my new plane and my old rc cars. What should i try next? should i mess with the crystals? can i test them somehow with this super advanced multimeter? (its got a frequency function that measures Hz but i dont know how to use it. well thanks for any help u may have, i really wanna get this thing in the air again, it will keep me from being tempted to try to fly my new plane and kill it durring the winter months. Cya Dave
Old 12-30-2004, 09:43 PM
hasstyle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: any electricians out there????what should i try next??

Oops, sorry my browser crashed and i posted again thinking it didnt work [8D]