Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Bishop Power Products

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 11:13 PM
GunMoney
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bishop Power Products

I have had a very bad experience with BISHOP POWER PRODUCTS! First of all, the web site does not list a telephone number for contact. that should have been my first clue! So, I sent email twice asking for assistance with purchase selection with NO response. Since Bishop is one of only a few places that claim to sell Lehner motors, I bought a motor online and paid with PAYPAL. What came next? Absolutely nothing!!! For weeks now! Two emails requesting status! Nothing! I have never dealt with anyone who was so rude while he holds my money!! TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL!

Just a word to the wise ................. DO NOT DEAL WITH BISHOP POWER PRODUCTS UNLESS YOU ARE JUST LOOKING TO MAKE A DONATION TO SOMEONE FOR NOTHING..........!!

Gunmoney
Old 01-02-2005, 12:03 AM
froy

Default RE: Bishop Power Products

I think they were closed for Christmas. I never had problem with them.

Froy
Old 01-02-2005, 02:16 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

That's funny. I've dealt with Troy a few times myself, and always got an email response within a day or two. Of course, it wasn't during the Christmas/New Years corridor, either.

They do not list a phone number because they do not have someone there to answer it. What's the point of listing contact information if you're not going to monitor it?

How long has it been, really? "Weeks" could be as little as 8 days.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Trogdor the Burninator

If you are waiting for a Lehner last I heard from bpp was three weeks... that was just before xmas I think.

You can try finedesignrc.com for a lehner. I got one at a slightly higher price than bpp's but they had it in stock and I had it within 5 days.. only down side was they charged 14 dollars for shipping a 2ounce motor from NY to virginia... When I emailed about it they claimed thats what they were charged by UPS.... hmmm.
Old 01-04-2005, 09:57 PM
GunMoney

Matt,

Email request for information was on November 21st. Gave up and ordered motor on December 10th. He's been holding my money since December the 10th with NO response!!!! I started emailing saying what's happening around Dec 20th! What do you think??????

As far as your comments about not listing a phone number ................ If you can't answer a phone during business hours.............. don't PRETEND to be a business, because you're not! When you present yourself as a business on the internet or anywhere else, you should be prepared, no obligated, to extend certain business courteous. To acknowledge that you are holding someones money is just a basic business ethic. He has failed to meet his obligations!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:53 AM
Ls77

Hello GunMoney, it is very strange that I see this post as all of our customers should have our phone number as it is included on the bottom of the paypal receipt you receive after checkout. If this is not the case please let me know. Also, I have responded to all of your emails however it appears you are not getting them. As it states on our website under contact info, if you do not receive an answer from us within 24-48 hours then something is wrong and to check your email spam filters and/or mail server settings. While I may miss an email sometimes, I would never miss multiple order status requests. Below is a copy of the last email I sent you:
I blocked your name and email as to not list them here & protect your privacy.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 10:05 AM
To: 'xxxxx_xxxxx'
Subject: RE: Status of order
Importance: High

Hello XXXX, sorry to hear you are so upset with our service. You should have received a confirmation of payment from paypal along with our phone number located at the bottom of the payment receipt. Please double check your email and let me know if this is not the case. Shipping confirmations are sent within 24 hours of shipping. As soon as the motors arrive from clearing customs your order will be shipped out at that time (ETA is Jan 12th) Full refunds are available at any time. Thank you again

-Troy
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 2:34 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Status of order

Hello

My name is XXXXX XXXXX. On 12-22-04 I placed and order with you that was paid for using Pay-Pal with details below. To date, I have not seen an acknowledgement, thanks for the order, it will ship ???, kiss my @#$% or anything else. No response after someone sends you money is just plain rude!! No telephone number or other "allowable" contact is also rude!! It looks like you could have a nice business if you get your act together.

When can I expect my motor?

XXXXXX XXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Huntsville, AL 35801
Old 01-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Ls77

Also, we show your order was placed on the 22nd not the 10th, please let me know if your records show something different as I dont understand why you would say in your post above that you placed it on the 10th and started emailing us on the 20th for status when in fact we dont show that the order was even placed until the 22nd. Saying what you did above paints us in even more of an unfair light so we need to get this straightened up also.

Thank you

-Troy
Bishop Power Products
Old 01-05-2005, 12:10 PM
Leety

ORIGINAL: Ls77

kiss my @#$% or anything else.
If someone has your money, wouldn't you want to be nice to them?

When can I expect my motor?
heh, good thing to ask after what you've said above! ;p

Also, we show your order was placed on the 22nd not the 10th
LOL
Old 01-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen this issue more times than I care to remember. I often get e-mails from people asking questions and sometimes my reply is rejected due to an invalid sender address or some other odd reason. Most of the time, it will be sent without any error indication and I assume all is well until the next, less friendly, request arrives.

We should all use this thread to remind ourselves that electronic messages are not perfect and to acquire tolerance for interrupted communication.

Kudos to Troy from Bishop Power Products for coming to RCU and correcting the issue!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:04 PM
warhwk
My Feedback: (3)

I thought I would put in my two cents here. Here is the latest reply from BPP. I think it speaks for itself.

Hello Brad, just wanted to let you know that we located your package yesterday with the help and of post office & while I would love to blame them for the mixup in shipping, the mistake was all us. I appologize for this mistake. It makes me feel really bad if we make mistakes like this and I feel we owe our customers for what happened. So to help make up for this snafu, I have included an extra Kokam 1500 11.1v pack for you in your order free of charge. Look for this order to finally arrive this Saturday. Again sorry for the mixup on this and thanks again

-Troy
Service doesn't get much better than this.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:05 AM
jbflier

I just shipped a 1.3lb package of 3 battery packs UPS, and they charged $8.15...Hhmmm...[8D]
Old 01-31-2005, 12:32 AM
GunMoney

Well here's the latest update-

Checked my records and no.......emails from Bishop Power Products are not being blocked by spam blocker. As a matter of fact, I just received my FIRST email from them on January 17. So, we know the email system is working!! The message on the 17th was a general announcement to everyone who placed a "Pre-order"?? Now this is news!

With no way to call them prior to ordering, an no returned email when I asked questions in the beginning, I, as a customer placed an order in good faith, with only the info on the web-site to go by. The web-site says "Order", now a month later, after paying in advance, I receive my first communication from them talking about my "Pre-order"!! In hind site, I should have sent them a "Pre-payment"!

So, on January 17th, I get my first email saying, at long last the motors are due in next week (that would have been last week) and further stating, and I quote:

"Final shipping notification and order status will be sent to you later this week (that would be 1-17 to 1-21) once your order has shipped." To me that meant I will get notification by the 21st at the latest, that MY ORDER HAS SHIPPED!

Didn't happen the week of 1-17 as stated! Didn't happen the week after that! Still no word from Bishop Power Products.

Troy sounds like a nice guy and it sounds like some of you have had good experiences with Bishop. And I am really not concerned about eventually getting the motor! We have just had a bad experience in communications. Maybe there's a good explanation for it. However, I think I will find another source for my Lehner motors.
Old 02-02-2005, 01:16 PM
GunMoney

I received an email from Troy this morning, Feb 2nd, saying that the motor is shipping and should be here in 2-3 days. I look forward trying out my first Lehner that Troy's

While I stand by my convictions about the proper way to communicate with customers over the web (I also own and operate a company in the non-RC electronics industry), I am confinced that Bishops intentions are good, and their system is improving. Posting a phone number would go a long way toward curing some of the issues that I experienced. Also, they should not allow an un-counciled purchase on the web for products that are known to be long leadtime delivery without some kind of statement during the order process about what the leadtime is expected to be! I also have to contend with this in my business.

From my side of this transaction, I should not have placed an order with (OUT OF STOCK) posted next to the item. All of the Lehner motors have this posting everytime I have looked at the site. When I was not able to communicate with Bishop prior to placing an order, I turned to RCU to see what the company was all about. I read several nice posting about Troy and Bishop Power Products. One of the threads that I read, was between two customers discussing the fact that "not in stock" was always posted next to the Lehners, and that it typically did not change even when the motors were in stock.

In conclusion, I am glad that the item is finally shipping, more than 6 weeks since I began this process! I am sure that Troy is glad to have this transaction behind him as well!

Gunmoney
Old 02-04-2005, 01:31 AM
KC-Lovespeed
My Feedback: (26)

I'v had great service from BPP myself.
Old 02-04-2005, 09:09 AM
TCMACK

Outstanding service here too. NSP had a sale on a Himax and Phoenix combo and Troy beat their price. Instead of matching the price he beat it. Plus, his shipping was quick and actual cost.

Chuck M.
Old 02-05-2005, 06:10 PM
WADE
My Feedback: (19)

I've made several purchases from B-P-P and they all went perfect. I've spoke to Troy a few times on the phone and he has always been extremely courteous, extremely knowledgeable, and very helpful. I have no fear whatsoever in doing business with them. I like to back the good guys, lol.
Old 02-05-2005, 07:00 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Great company. If something went wrong, you probably did it.
Old 02-05-2005, 09:34 PM
bipeaddict

I have dealt with BPP on numerous occasions. I have had nothing but good service.
Old 08-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Strykaas

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi all
Are they closed right now ? I cannot get in touch with them . Probably vacation. Any info ?
Old 08-09-2007, 07:53 PM
andrewtexas123

Troy is by far the best guy I have met in a while! Great job and keep it up!

Andrew