Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Fun times flyin' the Stryker

Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Fun times flyin' the Stryker

Old 01-06-2005, 04:18 PM
boss_blueangels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun times flyin' the Stryker

Well, today was quite fun. Since it was nice and warm today (16 degrees F) I decided to take my plane out with my girlfriend and another friend. I flew a bit, then let our friend try it.... on low rates he actually did really well! He did get the wingtip within a couple of feet of the ground during some turns... but always managed to pull it out in time. For having NEVER flown an aircraft he did remarkably well! (Also, it was difficult to judge the altitude because the foot of snow just blended into the horizon. lol) Anyway, and when he did finally "crash" it was awesome because the plane kind of dove into the snow at a shallow angle, went UNDER then with a neat POOF! came back up. He flew it a few more times, and did good. My girlfriend tried it and was doing very well also, but then got a little disorented in a turn and hit the ground kinda steep, broke the nose in 2 places. lol (about on inch from the tip of the removable nose, and then about another inch back from the "seam" where you join the nose to the fuselage) By that time, though, i'm sure it only broke because it was so cold because we were using the second battery at that time. Anyway, just to see how the plane flys... I flew it with its poor borken little nose. It did, uh, OK but was VERY unstable in the longitudinal axis, but still doable. We taped it up, flew it again, and she tried and did better, but durring the same part of the turn (Oh yeah, and both times I was really stupid and forgot to put it on lo-rates... oops) and got disorented and she crashed again. But no more damage.

Anyway, it was fun, and I'm hoping I didn't ruin her delecate interest in flying RC planes. lol When I get back from classes I'm going to reglue it all back together and she'll be up and running in no time.

ALSO, I was kinda thinking of making some cheap-O little skis for it, to see if I could takeoff from the snow! How fun would that be!?

P.S. I know a few of you may wanna flame because I took two people with absolutly ZERO RC aviation experience (maybe a few mintes on flight sim) and let them fly a Stryker. (Well, at least if I let them fly my UltraSport I'm sure some people would be upset... but don't worry... nobody except exper... eerr... nobody but myself flys my UltraSport.) Oh yeah, and I'm gonna be ordering 2 extra fuselages soon for backup. lol