Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

getting old

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 06:34 AM
baccus7t
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default getting old

NEED help. Haven't flown in 30 yrs and decided to go electric. Have purchased a used Miss Bohemia, radio etc and am in the process of putting together a Headwinds B. I'm a 72 yr old retired physician and the equiptment is realy SMALL-servos etc. I don't have any micro tools-screwdrivers etc. Where can I buy jewler's tools? Also as a diabetic my vision is not as good as it used to be. I wear magnifier glasses @ 3.0 diapters. I would like to find a magnifing headband that I can wear over my glasses. Any ideas?
Old 01-24-2005, 08:13 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: getting old

Try www.micromark.com for the magnifier. They've got all kinds of cool stuff.

For the jewler's screwdrivers, your local Radio Shack, Wal-Mart, Sears.... Frankly, though, I've never used anything smaller than a 1/8" flat blade and a #0 Phillips on parkflyers, and those come with most standard sets.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:08 AM
baccus7t

Thanks. Am perusing their catalog now.
Old 01-24-2005, 01:36 PM
geoffbeneze

NEED help. Haven't flown in 30 yrs and decided to go electric. Have purchased a used Miss Bohemia, radio etc and am in the process of putting together a Headwinds B. I'm a 72 yr old retired physician and the equiptment is realy SMALL-servos etc. I don't have any micro tools-screwdrivers etc. Where can I buy jewler's tools? Also as a diabetic my vision is not as good as it used to be. I wear magnifier glasses @ 3.0 diapters. I would like to find a magnifing headband that I can wear over my glasses. An

MicroMark should have the magnifying units. If they don't, you can find them at several gunsmithing outlets (brownells.com). Jeweler's tools can be found at MicroMark, Radio shack or most electronics outlets without too much problem.

For me, the key to the "diabetic" vision is to have a bright and movable light source. To that end, I even carry a small LED flashlight with me at all times. It makes a BIG difference.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:05 PM
baccus7t

Talked to one of the aero manufacturers (Top Creations) about another problem and he recommended a micro screwdriver that is sold @ Home Depot. He carries one in his flight box and "it's the only one he uses". I went to Home Depot and bought one. It is made by Husky with part no. HD-74501 T and costs $5.97. I just mounted my micro servos in my plane. It's a jem.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:45 PM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

I've been mounting a lot of my micro gear using "hot" glue. It holds everything well and peels of when you want it to. A hot glue gun is $2.98 at Wally World and the sticks are a buck a bunch.