Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

GWS 2amp ESC

Old 09-08-2002, 07:04 PM
rb765
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GWS 2amp ESC

I just aquired one in a trade..anyone have any suggestions for a project for this? what motor can be use with this? thanks all

[email protected]
Old 09-08-2002, 11:32 PM
SchweizerFlyer

Default GWS 2amp ESC

RB,
I've had good luck with any of the GWS IPS power systems 280 size geared. Prop selection is going to be the deciding factor along with model weight; experiment. A good starting point will be to use it in models not heavier than around 8- 10 ounces. Build light (of course and be careful flying outside in breezes in excess of 5 Mph or so, I treed mine for several days before it freed itself from about forty feet in an Oak tree. Several mods might help such as flying wires to keep wing flex under control during gusts and to maintain dihedral for stability and positive control. I'm having a blast with these little wonders. Keep in mind a 150 Mah 7.2V- 270 Mah battery pack and charger wil be needed to keep from overcharging and damaging your packs. This is a dream come true for me: flying in my front yard low and slow.
Let me know if you have any more questions, glad to help.
Steve
Old 09-09-2002, 03:19 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default GWS 2amp ESC

Heh, this is going to sound really stupid, but any power system that draws 2 Amps or less can be used with that ESC.

That ESC is usually used the GWS IPS drives, also referred to as DX or DC drives. Go to the GWS website http://www.gws.com.tw, and go to the Power Systems link on the Products page. Look up the GWS IPS drives and refer to the charts for drive/prop/battery combinations that work right around 2A.

There are many projects for that ESC. Any GWS plane, except the Slow Stick, Zero, and Beaver use that ESC. You can also fly a Birdworks Tilde, or a Hobby Lobby Rare Bear (both in my arsenal, BTW). Check out the countless scratch-build projects in the Foamies forum over on the Ezone http://www.ezonemag.com. Possibilities are endless.
Old 09-17-2002, 01:26 AM
hoppyfl

Default GWS 2amp ESC

As I recall, the GWS CEO said that ESC will handle up to 5 amps.
hoppy