Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Up-to-date spec sheet for e-motor comparisons

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Up-to-date spec sheet for e-motor comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 02:26 PM
TedShredz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Up-to-date spec sheet for e-motor comparisons

Is there a chart or table available to compare brushless motors with other manufacturers? Looking for size, shaft dia, max/mins amp, etc. = more choices during buildup?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:10 PM
Glacier Girl
My Feedback: (4)

Default RE: Up-to-date spec sheet for e-motor comparisons

try www.flyingmodels.org ,The great electric motor test.
BJ
Old 02-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

That covers SOME, but not all the motors and possible power combinations out there. Such an all-encompasing list would be impossible to create, and impossible to maintain. There are just too many products on the market, and new ones coming out all the time. On top of that, there are virtually limitless combinations of battery, motor, prop, and gearbox...

What you have to do is FORCE yourself to limit the choices to a brand or two to keep from getting completely overwhelmed by all the possibilities. Use reputation, price, quality, support as your criteria.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:22 PM
TedShredz

Thanks guys.

I knew there wouldn't be perfection, but I would like to have something that would get me close. I'll check out whatever link I can w/regards to developing ideas. BUt more options are always better than a few. I haven't decided one which manufacturer is a good one with parts locally available.

Cheers! T
Old 02-22-2005, 08:19 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

AHA! You're looking for a good manufacturer with locally available parts. Arbitrary "performance" numbers aren't going to tell you anything about the quality of the product or parts availability. Those are the things you should be looking for in an electric motor manufacturer, though.

Unlike glow engines, where Brand X's .46 will turn an 11x6 prop 500 RPMs faster than Brand Y's .46, you can give two completely different-looking motors the same prop and input power, and they'll both spin that prop at roughly the same RPM, provided they're run within their specifications.