Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

QUERY!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 01:56 AM
NZ Private

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUERY!

Hi i was just wondering if i have cooked my speed controller on the whirlwind i have just finished as i am not getting much power and when i push the throttle foward it cuts out once im just over half way, i am also getting reversed thrust (the thrust thing could be to do with placing the motor 1-2 degrees to the right but i dont know) what do you think is the problem is it the speed controller, is it the battery (?) is it normal to cut out but thrust thing wrong you tell me please and what you think i should do next!!!!

thnx sooo much if you can help me here

Maidin
Old 03-15-2005, 07:56 AM
lmalone

Default RE: QUERY!

I had a speed controler that did the same thing would cut out a half found out that the battery needs to be full charge or the speed controler is sensing low battery and only supplying power for the servos.
Old 03-15-2005, 07:59 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

A speed controller either works or doesn't work at all. You've got battery problems. Either the pack is not fully charged, or it can't handle the Amps you're trying to draw from it. This usually means you need a bigger battery.

If that's the recommended pack for the power setup you're running, it could be bad, or there could be something wrong in the motor/gearbox area. Check for binding in the motor and/or gearbox, and make sure you are not running too large of a propeller.

What do you mean by "reversed thrust?" Is it blowing to the front, pushing the plane backwards? That's because the motor is running backwards. Reverse any two wires going to the motor (works for brushed and brushless).
Old 03-15-2005, 12:29 PM
NZ Private

thnx soooo much you dont much how much that helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!