Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
No polls by members
50.00%
Polls be RCU staff only
50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

New poll/ no more polls

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 06:42 AM
GWR
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New poll/ no more polls

Members should not be allowed to create polls. They're usually one sided and comments aren't read completely, nor fully understood, starting petty arguments about nothing. Polls should only be created by the administration of RCU when they require input when deciding on changes to RCU.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
staggerwing
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: New poll/ no more polls

Polls should give one a choice. Your's does not. Of course it does reflect your bias. You must be right.

Rich
Old 03-16-2005, 11:04 AM
geoffbeneze

ORIGINAL: GWR
Members should not be allowed to create polls. They're usually one sided and comments aren't read completely, nor fully understood, starting petty arguments about nothing. Polls should only be created by the administration of RCU when they require input when deciding on changes to RCU.
And the above poll is an EXCELLENT example - One sided - ONE answer - no room for any other viewpoing.

Polls, given the media and political turmoil in the US are fundamentally meaningless, so why bother with them either way? If one wants a poll, let them do so. For those who don't like polls, simply don't participate.

The POSITIVE side to polls is that they seem to fulfill some basic human need to "check the box" and to feel like that individual is having their voice heard.

Personally, I would allow open polls, as long as they're within the confines of the forum's rule set.
Old 03-16-2005, 11:11 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Member polls are fun and that is what they are supposed to be.

I did not vote in this poll because I did not see an acceptable choice.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

...and this is not really the place for this type of discussion.

Guys, I understand the frustration and the need to vent, but let's keep things on topic. If you want to vent, there's always the AMA forum or the Clubhouse