Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

un-even tail wing

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 03:00 PM
joey_d1119

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default un-even tail wing

Hello,
I just bought my first plane. The decathlon ep rtf. The tail wing is slightly un-even. Its tilted. I have a few questions I hope you all can answer. Will this effect a straight take off? In flight to correct this problem will the trim tabs on the control slove any problems associated with the un-even tail wing.
Thanks much,
Joe
Old 03-17-2005, 04:05 PM
doggscube
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: un-even tail wing

Hey, last night I noticed the same thing about mine. It's not a good thing, obviously. I did a very low-tech fix: I folded some paper, stuck it between the horiz. stab and the fuse, and secured it with packing tape.

Mine has been through some rough landings, so I figure that was the cause.

-Jeff
Old 03-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

What's important is that the horizontal stabilizer ("tail wing") is fairly even with the main wing for the plane to fly straight. It doesn't have to be absolutely perfect, but the "squarer" you can get everything, the better the plane will fly.

Does it look bent, or just crooked?
Old 03-18-2005, 02:54 PM
joey_d1119

Its not bent, its just crooked, or a little off of being even with the main wing. Since its a RTF its plastic and I cant fix like I would balsa wood. So I figured I would use something to glue under the tail wing and between the slot that its in...kind of sandwich something in between the tail and the body that would prop the lower side up.