Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Making Servo Extensions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 02:03 PM
fritzp56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making Servo Extensions

Does anyone have any experience making servo extensions? Where is the cheapest place to get the connectors and pins as well as the crimping pliers? Have you ever had any problems with the extensions you make yourself?
Old 04-23-2005, 08:05 AM
Matt Kirsch
My Feedback: (21)

Default RE: Making Servo Extensions

From experience, the connectors aren't cheap no matter where you go. I usually get a supply at Toledo after shopping around, and pick up more at NEAT if I need 'em. I don't remember where mine came from this time around, but it was a pretty good deal, 10 for $5, and they seem okay. They're tin, not gold, but hey...

You don't make 'em yourself because it's cheaper, no sir. You make 'em yourself because then you know what you have, and you can make them the right length rather than being stuck with standard lengths.

The crimper pliers can be purchased at Radio Shack of all places. High quality, less than $20. Most of the places that sell the crimper pliers charge $40-$50.
Old 04-23-2005, 08:31 AM
-pkh-
My Feedback: (2)

Here's a link to the Crimper at Radio Shack...

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...%5Fid=276-1595
Old 04-23-2005, 11:01 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My servo extensions require no connectors. I simply cut the servo wire and splice in some flat cable to make it whatever length I need. You can buy flatcable at Radio Shack and just peel off a group of three wires from a larger cable. Very inexpensive compared to purchased extender cables.